Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 07-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
svengoran

Default How to get different users to access different folder and a few other things.

Hi
Lets say i have 10 users
And i want user1-4 to see and access folder1 and folder2 and user5-10 to see and access only folder1 how do i do that.
I have user1-4 in group1 and user5-10 in group2 and folder1 is the only one existing.
Now i have to create folder2 but how do i make sure folder2 isnt seen by everyone and is not announced by windrop?

Now i want user1 to have 3 slots ie downloading/uploading 3 things at the same time how do i do that? i dont really understand the site change groupslots thing in the documentation :/

And is there a way to change so that when a folder/dir reaches a certain amount of GB ioftpd automaticly removes the oldest folder(when it was uploaded not created) to keep it around a certain amount of gb?

Im new to ioFTPD so id appreciate it you had som patience and explained i thoroughly
svengoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

hopefully youll be better at ioftpd than you are managing a nations football team!
Old 07-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
svengoran

hehe, one can only hope

the middle one i solved it was obviously logins i was refering too

the first and third i still need help with.

I have ioBanana script and windrop to how do i get the windrop to only announce from one specific folder/dir and not all dir/folders under the virtual folder/dir ?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Set up the dir in your sitebot before creating it by adding it to the deny post list.
Prolly an idea to set up in all other scripts that will apply to it too.
Get a site open/close script.
Close site.
Create dir.
"site chattr +h dirname =grpname"
Open site.
Though syntax on that command could be slightly out, yonks since I used it, double check on knowledgebase.
If you want a more thorough explanation you'll need to refer to the docs for scripts / bot u use cos its not universal.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #5
svengoran

The problem i have left is that a group that has a folder and another group that has the same folder plus another that idont want announces from the eggdrop.
I have two .vfs files but i still announces from the "folder2"
Ive looked in iobanana.tcl and eggdrop.conf but cant find what im suppose to change.
Any thoughts on that or is that what you mean by "site chattr +h dirname =grpname" ?
I have installed the open/close script that you mentioned.

Last edited by svengoran; 07-21-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:50 AM   #6
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

I've given you the how tos on most of those you just mneed to do a little reading of the docs. I dont use the same scripts as you so you'll have to do it yourself. And the chatrr +h hides a dir so only the named group can see it, not necessary if you have seperate vfs files for 'em.
Regarding SSL, you'll need to get your profile linked to your registration details or neoxed will spank us for helping you on that, and not to mention ban u
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:29 AM   #7
tuff
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Scripter

update your user profile, before your banned!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #8
svengoran

i now see my misstake i did not have the registred version, screw it probably dont need the tls thing anyway

Tags
access, amount, folder1, folder2, ioftpd

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: