Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
BoJaNgLeS

Default ioFTPD IP Setup

@every1,

Hi there, I am from the Netherlands so I hope I can make myself understand correctly in Englisch For the last 2 days I've been trying to set-up ioFTPD v5.85 Pro and I have NO experience with this program what so ever. I used to work with serv-U (among others) but i've been told that ioFTPD is the program to have, especially because I want to use it in mIRC and I need to keep track of who gets what, when and how, so... Here I am

Until now I think I did oké. I installed the program, I adjusted the default.vfs to my likings, I implemented ioGui2 (and it works), I made groups, users, logins & password combo's with IP etc.etc.

I am behind a router so I opened up port 9999 for ioFTPD in both my router and in the WinXP firewall because that is my operating system. I also set-up a static local ip and I opened up port range 1024 - 2048 (used by ioFTPD...right?) in my router.

Now comes my problem: "People from the outside can't get in"

Where and how do I put what IP's in? I mean, I know I need to put them somewhere in the .ini file but no matter where I put them, I still can't get in using my external IP adres. I do get in (from the inside) with what I think is also an internal IP namely 127.0.0.1 That same IP I found in the Host.Rules in ETC. Do I need to change something there? I can also NOT get in with my 'normal' static internal IP 192.168.1.102 Shouldn't it be possible for me to get in ioFTPD with a program like ioGui2 or FlashFXP using my external IP adres?

I really don't know anymore. I am looking through the logfiles but so far I didn't find anything that could help me.

I there anyone that can help me, or put me in the right direction. I was so proud of myself to get this far as a complete FTP dummie and I don't want it to end here.

I attached my .ini file maybe that can help you in helping me to solve my problem.

Please, help me
Attached Files
File Type: txt BoJaNgLeS.ioFTPD.ini.txt (9.1 KB, 2 views)
BoJaNgLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
mr.babek
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

well , in your hosts file in /etc your have to remark the deny rule and make the accept rule active

like this

## POLICY ACCEPT CONNECTIONS_PER_IP
## POLICY DENY
##
## once you have changed the master password (see README.1st) for your
## server, you should change your default policy from DENY to ACCEPT (by
## commenting out the DENY line and uncommenting the ACCEPT line) to allow
## connections from any ip address.
##
#POLICY DENY
POLICY ACCEPT 9

the 9 stands for the amount of concurrent connections per IP

I myself have the "problem" that I am not using any router, so the only ip that can be seen from the outside is the BIND ip in the ini file

I had to set it up like this

[Any]
Host= can put anything here, but it wont work anyway so I put my external ip here too.
Ports= 1401-1410
Random= True
;Global_Inbound_Bandwidth= 10000
;Global_Outbound_Bandwidth= 10000
;Client_Inbound_Bandwidth= 100 [*registered version*]
;Client_Outbound_Bandwidth= 50 [*registered version*]
Bind= external ip , like 85.21.233.21

Hope this helps

Ron
mr.babek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:42 AM   #3
peep
FlashFXP Scripter
ioFTPD Foundation User

Please update your profile so that people can see that you are a registered user and allowed to use the -r version.
peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:22 AM   #4
BoJaNgLeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by peep
Please update your profile so that people can see that you are a registered user and allowed to use the -r version.
I am new at this, but I think I just did...right
BoJaNgLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
peep
FlashFXP Scripter
ioFTPD Foundation User

It still doesn't say "ioFTPD Registered User" under your name.
peep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, ioftpd, program, put

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: