Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

ioFTPD General New releases, comments, questions regarding the latest version of ioFTPD.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:01 AM   #1
vincenzo

Question Uploaders don't get credits

Hi there,

I am running ioFTPD (latest version) on a server. The sitution that I am in is as like this:

People can download 1000MB a week for example. Therefore I have set the weekly quota to 1000MB, this works excellent.

However when people upload to the server they get additional credits. I don't want them to get these credits, because they are limited for a reason.

Now I have tried to set the ratio to 1:0 but that won't give the proper results. When someone has for example 5MB of credits left and wants to download a 100MB file then normally ioFTPD would report the user 'insufficient credits', however with this ratio put on the people can download anything they want.

I have searched all over the forums, and I could not find a thread with someone in the simillar situation. So I was wondering if someone could tell me how I make sure that this will work the way I want it to.

Maybe it's not possible at all, but I doubt that.

Thanks in advance.
vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
vincenzo

No one with ideas?
Old 10-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Don't give them the rights required to upload in the first place?
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
_panic_
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxed
Don't give them the rights required to upload in the first place?
i think vincenzo wants to permit uploading, but he doesn't want it to apply credit toward downloads.

i'm sorry vincenzo that i haven't had time to study the code to answer your question yet. this is an area of ioftpd that i haven't studied yet and i was hoping someone already knew the answer.

if you can confirm my interpretation above of what you are asking, i'll find some time in the next couple days to study the code and answer your question.
_panic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #5
ADDiCT
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

My idea would be: stick with the 1:1 ratio and use/write a script that, on the OnUploadComplete-event, deducts 'filesize' from his credits. (If i had any decent knowledge of TCL i'd write it myself)
ADDiCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:15 PM   #6
vincenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _panic_
i think vincenzo wants to permit uploading, but he doesn't want it to apply credit toward downloads.

i'm sorry vincenzo that i haven't had time to study the code to answer your question yet. this is an area of ioftpd that i haven't studied yet and i was hoping someone already knew the answer.

if you can confirm my interpretation above of what you are asking, i'll find some time in the next couple days to study the code and answer your question.
Exactly! This is what I want...

If you could code something for that, then that would be great!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:20 PM   #7
vincenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDiCT
My idea would be: stick with the 1:1 ratio and use/write a script that, on the OnUploadComplete-event, deducts 'filesize' from his credits. (If i had any decent knowledge of TCL i'd write it myself)
That would do the trick... Unfortunatly I don't have any knowledge of TCL...
Old 10-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #8
jeza
ioFTPD Scripter

https://secure.inicom.net/portal/ind...product=ioFTPD
jeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:28 AM   #9
vincenzo

I don't have a registered version.

But a friend of mine has, and we have looked at the script and came to the conclusion that this is not it..

We are talking about this one right?

jCreditsKiller.itcl

Stupid thing is.. we couldn't find a descent description except for the one in the ictl file..

Mind you, he did not share this itcl with me, we looked at it on his machine.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:52 PM   #10
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

This (that tcl) is what you want.

Config is:
userName:RATIO:SECTION

Example:
vincenzo:3:0

This will remove the credits you got when uploading a file in section 0 (anywhere on your server, unless you changed the default sections settings in ioFTPD.ini) in which you have a 1:3 ratio (again, 1:3 is the default ratio). That means you wouldn't get any credit for uploading files.
Mouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:23 AM   #11
vincenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouton
This (that tcl) is what you want.

Config is:
userName:RATIO:SECTION

Example:
vincenzo:3:0

This will remove the credits you got when uploading a file in section 0 (anywhere on your server, unless you changed the default sections settings in ioFTPD.ini) in which you have a 1:3 ratio (again, 1:3 is the default ratio). That means you wouldn't get any credit for uploading files.
Thanks for the explaination....

Guess I will have to register myself asap then. Thanks again for the input everyone!
Old 10-15-2005, 09:44 AM   #12
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo
Thanks for the explaination....

Guess I will have to register myself asap then. Thanks again for the input everyone!
Note: Foundation scripts are only available if you buy a Foundation license. A Standard io registration won't give you access to those scripts atm.
Mouton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
credits, download, people, server, upload

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: