Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports If you discover any bugs that we are not aware of, please post it here so it may be corrected.

Old 10-11-2003, 05:20 AM   #1
Hw0aRaNg

Default 5.1.7 Runtime Error

Hi d1,

I have Runtime Error with io 5.1.7 on win2k3, what i need to do to investigate this ?

Hw0
Hw0aRaNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 05:55 AM   #2
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

Nothing you can do about it.. i've only managed to find one bug since 5.1.7 that might cause such errors (and i've ran stress tests of over 500k connections so far) [it's related to logger, happends randomly.. and not very often] ....

btw another thing I noticed; without my own memory recycling routines, io uses only less than 5mb/s of memory with some 15clients online =) and process size hasn't increased [actually it has decrased??] since program start-up
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:15 AM   #3
Hw0aRaNg

d1,

I know ioftpd is in beta state but when we can expect stable version ?

I have upgarde 5.1.3 3 times (.5 .6 .7) and each time, i must go back to it :/.

I dont forget you do a very good job but i think stabilise io is a primary goal.

Thx for your answer, i wait next rlz again
Old 10-11-2003, 06:40 AM   #4
EwarWoo
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Registered User

Obviously i cant speak 4 d1, i'm just another user same as you, but that question to me sounds like a how longs a piece of string situation.
Hes doing a fantastic job, taking suggestions on board and due to that his to do list is getting as much stuff added to it as taken off (see various threads all over the board).
If he decides thats that we're stable too soon then we will miss out on a lot of great features, and of course upgrades are not obligatory, just check changes log and see if you need it
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:46 AM   #5
Hw0aRaNg

i thought it was needed coz i have some probs with authentication (SSL) but i dont know whats the ****, io, script, or simply bw problem.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:00 AM   #6
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

I haven't heard of such problems from others.. so I'd imagine, it might be something to do with connections (ie. httpd runs beatifully when sieging it with ssl connections.. and it uses exactly same routines as ftpd, for ssl) also.. this logging error has existed since b4 so going back, won't be fixing anything... compared to anything else I've been dealing with windows, I'd say it's pretty stable now [ahh, there was also bug in cookie system; invalid cookies cause buffer overrun + httpd had something - but i'm assuming you don't have either of them]
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.7, error, hw0, investigate, runtime

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: