Old 07-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
blankscrap
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Quick Connect sites to keep in history broken?

I tried setting it to values of 1, 0, negative, yet sites continue to be added to the history. I have a very limited number of sites right now, and they are all organized, so I have no use for a history pull out, but the options setting doesn't seem to work?

Would also love to have the ability to order things on the entire connect pull down menu. Seems things are just stuck in the order of creation? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Changing this setting doesn't immediately update the number of sites in your quick connect history, The limit isn't updated until the next time you connect to a new server. It must be a site that isn't already in your history.

The sites in the quick connect are in chronological order. It doesn't make sense to allow the user to re-order them.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
blankscrap
FlashFXP Registered User

I have tried flushing the history, the sites still get logged there, even if the setting is at 0, or 1. It still adds all the sites I visit to the history.

As far as placement, I understand it doesn't make sense to order the sites within the history pull out, I was simply interested in moving the history pull out below my configured sites. Basically what I have now is two identical lists, one thats in the history pull out, and then all the major sites I visit are listed again below that, stuck in alphabetical order. Would be nice if the SiteManager could update the order of things. Of course if disabling history works, then that should be good enough Thanks!

Last edited by blankscrap; 07-16-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I apologize for some confusion but I may have misunderstood your original post.

On the connect menu the "History" sub-menu is your connection history and has no relationship to the "Quick connect sites to keep in history" setting found in the Preferences dialog.

The history menu shown in FlashFXP is based on your most recently used sites, this list is what we use to populate the Windows 7 superbar right-click menu.

The history menu has no direct configurable settings.

You can however change the number of sites displayed in the history by editing the FlashFXP.ini, however changing this setting will also effect the history shown in the Windows 7 superbar. thus if you disable it in FlashFXP it also disables it on the superbar.

Open FlashFXP.ini
Under the [main] section add the following line
MRU=0

Save the FlashFXP.ini and start FlashFXP

This in theory will instruct FlashFXP to completely disable the connection history. I am not entirely sure if this configuration setting has ever been tested with a value of 0.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
blankscrap
FlashFXP Registered User

No worries, I've never seen any sort of right click windows super bar menu, I must have my start menu configured in a non standard way. The change to the ini file worked as advertised. Thanks for the help, I think this thread can be locked down
Closed Thread

Tags
connect, history, order, sites, things