Old 07-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
haloco

Default A couple suggestions

Hi. First time posting here, but I've used the app for quite awhile. Used to use it back in the 3.x days, took a break to use Filezilla for awhile because I couldn't get FTP over SSH to work correctly back then. And I switched back to 4.0 once you released that, it seems to be a great app. I do have a couple suggestions, though, especially after having come back over from Filezilla. Sorry if these have been suggested before.

1. Tabbed interface - I actually saw this suggested awhile ago, and I think your response was that it would require a complete rewrite. So I know this may be awhile, or never, or whatever. But just throwing my hat into the "that would be awesome" ring for this. For now I can always shift+click the superbar icon to get a second instance.

2. When clicking on the Sites menu (lightning bolt), the overall vertical count of the menu items change depending on whether the "Reconnect" item is there. I've got 30+ sites stored, and what this means is that the last couple sites in the first column of the menu fluctuate between the bottom of the first column and the top of the second column. It would be nice if the sites themselves would stay consistent regardless of whether Reconnect is there or not.

3. One other thing about the Sites menu, and something I miss from Filezilla. If I have bookmarks for a site, could the bookmarks show up as submenus of the main site entry? As it is, I have to connect to the main site, then click the Bookmarks menu and select my bookmark. It would be nice to just have the bookmarks as a submenu so I could connect and go straight to the bookmark all in one step.

4. I have Subversion files/folders on my skip list. But if I do Compare Folder Content, the .svn folder still gets selected even though it should be ignored. Can you make Compare Folder Content respect the skip list filters?

Thanks for making a great program.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

1. Its roughly a 50/50 split based on customer feedback regarding a tabbed interface where half of our customers prefer the current layout where the rest would like a tabbed style UI. We are considering different design layouts but there aren't any immediate plans to provide tabbed support.

2. This behavior is based on a setting within FlashFXP.
Options > Preferences > Interface > Break menu At (lines)
Where the value is the number of entries to display before breaking the menu into a new column.

3. We will consider this suggestion for future releases.

4. This can be done, however the Compare Folder Content feature can be used in several different ways, We'll need to determine which logic makes the most sense based on the user configuration.

Depending on your intent you can fine tune your skip list setting when to skip, i.e. manual transfers, automatic transfers, or both. If this were set to both any item in your skip list would always be skipped. Of course you'd never be able to transfer the items in your skiplist without re-adjusting this setting.

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback
Closed Thread

Tags
back, bookmarks, ftp, menu, sites