Old 04-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
bad.seed

Default Auto- deletion

Hi!

I'm using FlashFXP 3.2.0 on WinXP SP3.

I'd like to suggest a function that auto deletes a file or folder at a user- specified date and time.

I film my classes in university and make them available to my classmates through FTP on the university's server. However I am only allowed by the faculty to let the material stay there for a certain amount of time, after which I must delete them. I do delete them manually, but I'd like a backup function to auto- delete them in case I forget or I get problems with access due to hard- or software. The thing is that if I don't delete them in time I could get into considerable trouble.

Anyway, what would be perfect is if the user can simply right-click on the folder which contains the site, and select 'Auto delete' and then gets promted with a window in which the user sets the date and time. And when that time comes the folder is auto- deleted.

I have no idea on how FlashFXP is programmed or anything like that, so I don't know if this idea is feasible or not, I just thought I'd post it here to help out. Maybe there are more users who could use a function like this.

Thanks for reading and helping!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

FlashFXP 3.2? really? that's like 7 year old version. stop using pirated software!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
bad.seed

Thanks, although that is no help at all.
If anyone has anything constructive to add you are invited.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

MxxCon makes a valid point, typically customers use the latest versions. It makes no sense for anyone to be using old versions. Especially not 3.2.

This can be done using the latest version of FlashFXP and scheduling. (main menu > Tools > Schedule)

You will need to Enqueue the delete operation (right-click > Enqueue > Delete) of the file.

Save the queue to a file and then setup a schedule to run the queue.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
bad.seed

Thank you. Will update now I guess. I have been using this for a long time, and honestly I can't remember where I first got it. It has been perfect for my needs up until now and so I never even thought of updating it since I really didn't need to. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Except it is broke. Since v3.2 bigstar fixed countless number of bugs.
You've been using it for a long time now and yet you still haven't bought it? :/
Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
bad.seed

It's been working perfectly. I really haven't been in need of anything more than upload and download.
Closed Thread

Tags
delete, flashfxp, folder, ftp, time