Old 10-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
meaning
FlashFXP Registered User

Default any way to import queue lists to any osx ftp client!

Hello here,

as I dont see any osx portage of flashfxp coming (this would be a REALLY good idea...more and more people uses mac computers every day!) I would like to know if there was any way to import the queue list to another ftp program readable format.

so suggestion #1 would be -> come on guys make an osx version of flashfxp! there's a real lack of REALLY GOOD ftp/fxp clients on osx.

suggestion #2 -> make it possible to export queue lists readable by major ftp apps available on mac osx -> cyberduck, filezilla, forklift...

Thank you !
Old 10-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

can those clients load saved queue files in the 1st place?
what to do with saved FXP queues? some (most?) of those clients don't support FXP so then what?

why should bigstar spend his development time helping people switch to another client? what benefit is it to him? what benefit is it to users that are still using FlashFXP with no desire to switch?
is it so difficult for somebody that switches to a totally different OS to just recreate their queue of a few files?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
meaning
FlashFXP Registered User

I'm not speaking about a few files, and of course i understand he wouldn't have any benefit if users switched on other ftp / fxp clients. but at the moment there is no flashfxp available for osx....so there's no loss for the devs.

my wish would be to have a real portage of flashfxp with all the features that i love running on my osx os. But unfortunately it don't seems it's gonna happen.

about the fxp feature that is not added to all osx clients...you are completely right. there is at the moment absolutely no competitive fxp client available on osx (neither on linux...and I tried almost every client) delivered with a gui.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if you are talking about exporting SITES and not just queue, then flashfxp have been able to do that for years now.
in site manager just right-click on any site or group and select export.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
meaning
FlashFXP Registered User

i'm completely not talking about exporting sites. but queue lists.
anyway -> there should be a decent fxp client available for mac and linux. that's the point.
I have my reasons for which it would be useful for me to be able to export the queue list...that's it.
this would help me to make a compare of the folders using flashfxp, then import the finished queue to another ftp app under osx (no fxp needed at this point) on a michine located on another geographical location. that's the point.
Closed Thread

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, osx, queue, suggestion