Old 03-26-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
npinchot
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Feature request

I can't find the setting if it currently exists, so if it is there I apologize.

It would be great if there was a feature to match the site date/time stamp on a file after downloading it.

i.e. if I download somefile.txt which is timestamped as Mar 23 2010 13:58 on the server right now it will be timestamped on my computer as Mar 26 2010 3:19

Not looking for anything rocket-science that calculates timezones and all that but this would help greatly in doing a file/folder compare so that it doesn't require as much investigation of a file that was downloaded to find out if it is actually older or newer than the file I am comparing it to on my computer.

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP supports timezones but they can be somewhat buggy in v3.6, since you are a registered user if you're interested in trying beta software I would recommend you contact us to join the beta team.

You can read more about the v4 beta here http://www.flashfxp.com/download.php?s=4

Also v3.6 has an option to preserve the date/time (in the preferences) on download but if the timezones are buggy for you then your results might not be very reliable.
Closed Thread

Tags
2010, download, feature, file, timestamped