Old 11-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
hypnotist4all
FlashFXP Registered User

Default REQ: Support for Amazon S3 - fxp?

Hi

A feature that I would like is as follows:

1) support to access Amazon S3 buckets for ftp

2) Assuming (1) is implemented - ability to transfer files from a server to Amazon S3 directly like fxp

Not sure if this is possible but it would be a great feature.

I am testing S3 for delivery of large Video files and most current tools upload from your computer and my upload bandwidth is not that great.

Thanks
Wayne
Old 11-29-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Amazon's S3 service does not provide FTP access. S3 service is based around WebDav protocol, an extension to HTTP.

There are command line tools that allow you to upload stuff into S3 buckets, so you can run them directly from the server that has your files.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
kieranmullen
FlashFXP Registered User

If people wanted command line tools they probably would not be using a windows based ftp program would they?

Obviously it would be a new feature to be written in, thus this is the request.

This is why developers do not make good sales people.

No, you don't need that. Stop asking. Want more features too bad. Our software is perfect and we will not accept any requests or critical judgements against it..

Simply ridiculous.

JungleDisk used to be great software which allowed for this but they changed their model to a subscription based service. Rather than a one time $30 fee. I have not looked for a substitute but hopefully there are alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon View Post
Amazon's S3 service does not provide FTP access. S3 service is based around WebDav protocol, an extension to HTTP.

There are command line tools that allow you to upload stuff into S3 buckets, so you can run them directly from the server that has your files.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FTP to Amazon S3 is not possible, it would need to be uploaded directly from your computer.

Amazon S3 support will be considered for future releases.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranmullen View Post
If people wanted command line tools they probably would not be using a windows based ftp program would they?

Obviously it would be a new feature to be written in, thus this is the request.

This is why developers do not make good sales people.

No, you don't need that. Stop asking. Want more features too bad. Our software is perfect and we will not accept any requests or critical judgements against it..

Simply ridiculous.

JungleDisk used to be great software which allowed for this but they changed their model to a subscription based service. Rather than a one time $30 fee. I have not looked for a substitute but hopefully there are alternatives.
YOUR reply is simply ridiculous!
I'm not a developer and not a sales person. i don't work for flashfxp.
I did not say or even implied that he does not need this feed or to stop asking!
I simply stated the current situation and since flashfxp does not support it, alternative solutions to his problem!
why don't you triple re-read what was asked and what i answered!

if you are in a bad mood, keep it off this forum!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
licensing_2
FlashFXP Registered User

I'd love to see Amazon S3 support. Transmit for Mac OS used to be a very limited FTP client - but has become much more powerful. I need to use similar tools in Windows.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
kieranmullen
FlashFXP Registered User

I came here to comment about Transmit. I do not use Mac but I thought it was cool they came out with it. It is very forward thinking. However paid members or shareware I do not forsee any revolutionary changes coming out with FlashFXP in the future and development pretty much seems dead. No dates are posted (perhaps I missed it) in the version history area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by licensing_2 View Post
I'd love to see Amazon S3 support. Transmit for Mac OS used to be a very limited FTP client - but has become much more powerful. I need to use similar tools in Windows.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:08 AM   #8
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

You couldn't be more wrong and other people on this forum will confirm that bigstar have been releasing beta builds, 4-8 new builds per month. Development and testing is going on full throttle.

Now, you've been using FlashFXP for at least last 6 years, how about you finally buy a license?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
sales_36
FlashFXP Registered User

What business is it of yours that I purchased a license Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 7:31 AM it has no bearning on this topic.

There have already been many years to proove us wrong. 3s as you may or may not have knows... has been out quite a long time.

Kieran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon View Post
You couldn't be more wrong and other people on this forum will confirm that bigstar have been releasing beta builds, 4-8 new builds per month. Development and testing is going on full throttle.

Now, you've been using FlashFXP for at least last 6 years, how about you finally buy a license?
Closed Thread

Tags
amazon, amazon s3, ftp, fxp, upload