Old 08-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Default User titles + Language files

First, the new user titles in the forums are a great idea. We can now easily see which products an user has registered and what kind of license he owns.
I know it's not that important but one title doesn't appear correctly. Check user "peep" (http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15181). His "FlashFXP Scripter" title seems to miss a '\n'.

Then I'm having troubles uploading the french language file for FlashFXP. I have tried with both Firefox and Maxthon. The second one stops at 38% (that's what the status bar reports) and then displays a "page cannot be displayed" message. The first one waits a few minutes, the file seems to be uploaded but the compiled language file is corrupted. I've tried twice with Firefox. The first attempt gave me a file ~22kB which wasn't working properly (the last used language was kept after switching to French) and the second gave me a 8kB file which makes FlashFXP crash. I have removed the files for now.

Thank you for your patience and your hard work constantly improving the website.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:10 PM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

Yeah, for some reason the \n isn't always being put in. I'll take a look at it. For those of you who are curious about the user titles, here is a breakdown:

The first line specifies your FlashFXP Status, the second line your ioFTPD status. If you only have one license only one line will be shown. Also, if you are a "special" user you will also only get one line

Everything is a top down hierarchy, so if you are a scripter, you are also a beta tester and registered user. Also, since everyone can now posts scripts, the title of Scripter actually means you are a "seasoned" scripter, a script moderator, and your scripts are not moderated.

Special Users
-Admin FlashFXP + Admin ioFTPD = iniCom Administrator
-FlashFXP Scripter + ioFTPD Scripter = Ultimate Scripter

Regular Users

FlashFXP
-FlashFXP Admin
-FlashFXP Scripter
-FlashFXP Beta Tester
-FlashFXP Registered User

ioFTPD
-ioFTPD Admin
-ioFTPD Scripter
-ioFTPD Beta Tester
-ioFTPD Foundation User
-ioFTPD Registered User

As for the uploading, can you give it a try now? I know smoke was working on the site earlier and you may have been trying to upload when he was modifying files. If it still doesn't work, Smoke can you take a look at this?

Keep the suggestions/comments coming. We aim to make your experience on our site and with our company an enjoyable one.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:24 AM   #3
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

I've tried again 2 days ago and it didn't work any better. I've then decided to wait a couple of days to finally try again this morning. There were a few new fields to fill so I guess Smoke made some changes there (interesting ones btw). It took some time to upload and process the .sib file and the generated .elg file looked valid. At least FlashFXP wasn't crashing. The language was still English where it should have been the French translation though. How is the translation compiler choosing the translation to extract from the .sib file ?
I've just mailed the .sib file to bigstar to see if there's any problem with it.

Another thing. I thought I had deleted all the corrupted files after my last tests but apparently this wasn't the case. If you've downloaded the french translation before August 20th, please don't use it: it was somehow not valid. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Edit: It looks like it's coming from my i-net connection that is everything but reliable at the moment. The problem is that the file transfer times out and then the file processed by the portal is incomplete. I can't even send the file by email. I will try again in a day or two when my isp will have fixed it.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:38 AM   #4
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Everything is back in order. I have been able to upload the french translation yesterday. Sorry for the troubles guys.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
Linkster
Administrator

great!
Closed Thread

Tags
file, flashfxp, language, title, user