Old 07-23-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
Smoke
Ultimate Scripter

Thumbs up Changes in the ioFTPD Scripts Section

Guys, i have made some changes into the ioFTPD scripts world.
  • The Author RealName is not shown anymore, instead, just the Username as it should be.
  • The script downloads are free to anyone, you do not need to be logged in in order to download scripts, except their are marked as foundation.
  • The Last Edit column changed for Last Update, and it display the last update/add time of the script or any files inside the script, whichever is newer.
  • A new icon (flag) (red=new, blue=updated, green=nothing) that display the status of the script and or files inside them.
  • On the edit/add script page on the portal u can now select categories of the scripts as checkboxes and not as a combo like it was... Also, at least 1 category must be selected.
  • The default main script list has been changed to category view.
  • Fixed some bugs related to the download count on the main script list, it was not displaying currect values.
So far, everything seems to work fine, except with one '/minor' detail.
The last update icon is beign calculated based on the last 5 days of the page-print time (that means 5 days old).
The initial idea was to calculate them based on your last visit date, but i had some troubles calculating that, since it would work fine the first time you load the page, but upon a reload or a sort change the last visit date will be reset to today and you will not see the currect flags.

This will be fixed, i just need a few more time to make a valid code to do not update the last visit date if the reload page is made in the same hour, or same day? not sure how to handle that.

As usual, comments and or suggestions are welcome.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:33 PM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Hmm, it appears the script section does not work at all now.

Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site12/fst/var/www/html/pages/en.ioftpd-scripts.php on line 187

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site12/fst/var/www/html/pages/en.ioftpd-scripts.php on line 188
All sort display methods (by name, category, author etc.) display numerous warnings and no scripts.

Apart from these minor setbacks, the changes you mentioned sound great.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
Smoke
Ultimate Scripter

Angry

Looks like the live MySQL does not support nested DISTINCT statments as the develop one, im using v5 and live site has v4, whoop, there are some changes

Its back to work, but displaying wrong downloads count as it was be4, will fix shortly, need to make a separate query for that then...

Thanks for the report neoxed, i totally forgot to 'test' the changes
Old 07-24-2005, 08:47 AM   #4
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Is it possible to make the "Long Description" field behave like the other text areas (ie, "Comments" or "Changelog") ? In the scripts section, the line feeds aren't displayed and the special chars like < and > aren't escaped.
At the moment, I have to use html tags and entities to make it look like I want in the scripts section. Note that the text is displayed exactly like I typed it (except html tags that are interpreted by my browser) when I check my script's properties ("Your ioFTPD Scripts").

I hope it was clear enough. If it wasn't, don't hesitate to message me and I'll provide you with screenshots describing the problem.

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
FTPServerTools
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

It might be a good idea to preload the comment field also with the value of the previous version of the same script ,or put a comment field in the general script itself, next to the one that is already in the version. Such a comment field can be nicely used to put somee install notes and so in.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, script, scripts, time, update