Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 05-13-2005, 06:15 AM   #1
Uradox
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default Exe update only

Hi
Is it possible in my customer portal downloads part to get only the updated exe for when you do updates and the only thing that really changes is the exe?
My flashfxp installation is independant on my windows althought I understand the need to setup the windows firewall correctly. However there are times when getting the setup isnt neccesary.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:37 AM   #2
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

If you use the live update feature, it will download just the update installer which you may choose to run imediatly or at another time. All the update.exe essentially does it back up your original flashfxp.exe and then update it (or so is my understanding). So after running an update (if you selected to make a backup) you will then have both the old and the new updated exe files handy.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:11 AM   #3
Uradox
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

I ran the LiveUpdate then and it downloaded FlashFXP_32_Setup.exe to whereever i told it to. This file is the same setup i can download from the customer portal unfortunatly
Old 05-14-2005, 12:31 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP is not properly installed on your computer. A proper install of FlashFXP would have downloaded the update exe and not the setup exe. However the update exe will not run unless your copy of FlashFXP is properly installed.

Use the full setup installer this time and next time you'll be able to use the update installer.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:09 AM   #5
Uradox
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Ahh i see now thanks

Tags
exe, flashfxp, independant, setup, windows