Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 03-04-2005, 03:43 AM   #1
Jace

Default Drag 'n drop files or dirs outside FlashFXP

Besides dragging 'n dropping files between the two file windows, you can also drag files from outside (e.g. from some windows explorer window) onto the remote dir to upload them.

However, you can't drag files from remove (ftp) to outside FlashFXP, e.g. to an explorer window, to download them to that dir. You have to go there inside FlashFXP in the local fileview, and then drag it.

Would be great if you add dragging 'n dropping files outside FlashFXP too!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:46 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The following thread explains this a bit http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...ws+drag%2Fdrop

Basically the internal drag/drop is not compatible with windows drag/drop. This prevents us from allowing a drag/drop outside of FlashFXP.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #3
Jace

Aah I see... too bad...

Can you switch between the two methods runtime? And could you do that even after the user started dragging? Cause then you might use the windows-method by default, and change to your internal method when the other file panel gets a WM_MOUSEMOVE or something (and back when MOUSEEXIT, etc).
Or your internal method by default, and switch to windows method when the whole FlashFXP windows gets a MOUSEEXIT.. well u know what I mean

Otherwise, would it be a good idea to add an option to use windows-compatible d&d instead of the internal one? I.e. an option to allow dragging to and from FlashFXP and open explorer windows, at the cost of not having d&d inside FlashFXP.

Personally I'd certainly prefer dragging files to & from random folders over having to browse there in FlashFXP's local file view first.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:30 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Yes and no, Windows drag/drop mode is only active and supported in the local view when both views are switched to local. It is not supported in the ftp view.

The drag/drop method can't be switched during the drag operation.

Tags
download, files, flashfxp, ftp, upload