Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 06-03-2005, 02:04 AM   #16
phox

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
We are currently planning a re-write of FlashFXP, Our goal is to support SCP in the rewrite. Currently there is no time frame on when the re-write will be released.
It doesn't appear that anyone else has mentioned this, so I figured I would bring up the (probably already apparent, but important either way) fact that SCP (generally referring to the SSH1 implementation of secure copying) alone wouldn't be an overly useful feature, as most (hopefully, as SSH1 isn't exactly secure) servers have protocol version 1 disabled. SFTP (the SSH2 implementation) alone would be far more useful, but I would suggest winscp-style (options to force either or use SSH2 with SSH1 fallback) protocol selection as the best option.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #17
sminc

This has not been discussed in a while, so please allow me to ask quickly:

In the beta release mentioned in October (3.4 beta 5 I think), does it contain support for: FTP over SSL
Old 01-12-2006, 02:42 AM   #18
Harm
Too much time...
Ultimate Scripter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminc
This has not been discussed in a while, so please allow me to ask quickly:

In the beta release mentioned in October (3.4 beta 5 I think), does it contain support for: FTP over SSL
Of course it does! FTP over SSL has been implemented years ago.

This thread is about FTP over SSH which is completely different.
In case it was a typo and you meant SFTP (FTP over SSH2), it isn't available in the current public beta. I know it's planned but I have no idea when this will be added.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:32 PM   #19
Boxsters
FlashFXP Registered User

This is funny. I actually upgraded my UltraEdit version 11 to version 12 and noticed it had support for SSH1 and SSH2 over FTP. Yes, a text editor with a built in FTP client has SSH1 and SSH2 over FTP support. So whenever I need SSH over FTP I fire up UltraEdit - how odd is that?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:20 AM   #20
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

SSH over FTP will not be added to the current FlashFXP codebase. However we plan on adding it during the rewrite.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #21
songcai
FlashFXP Registered User

Add SFTP will be a great thing for me.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #22
peter_37
FlashFXP Registered User

Out of curiousity - is SFTP a highly requested feature? There obviously are workarounds, but like most people, I like my FlashFXP.

Iwo Creative Design Group
Old 11-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #23
0uistyty

Hi,

I do like FlashFXP but the thing that bug my boss is the SFTP/FTPoverSSH feature that is missing. At our job, every linux/Solaris/Filer system are manage via SSH/SSH2.
The SFTP feature would open you up a good market in the large entreprise market. At this time, our company is about to buy about 30 CuteFPro License instead of your's juste beacause of the SFTP thing. I dont have to remind you that CuteFTPPro is about 4 time the price of FlashFXP.
Mabe you can go with 2 version of FlashFXP. One like the current build and an otherone Pro ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
SSH over FTP will not be added to the current FlashFXP codebase. However we plan on adding it during the rewrite.
Is there any timeline / Roadmap of it ?

Regards.

Christian.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #24
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I'm sure they have there own developement roadmap, but i dont think there is an estimated date that would ever be made public until it was near completion.

I also administer a number of unix/linux/bsd servers that require file tranfers from time to time, and as such would also like to see ftp of ssh in flashfxp (especially fxp abilities for ease of syncronisation). With the growing userbase of alternative operating systems im sure there are many more people that would like to see sftp in flashfxp that simply dont say so.

In the mean time however long it may be i use putty for general stuff and attachmate reflection sftp client (formerly fsecuressh) when i need to move a lot of files. Not all that impressed with the rewritten fsecuressh, but it does the job. I personally prefer not to open an ftpd client in the systems i admin, but thats always an option if you want easier file access.

I also eagerly await the rewrite/pro version of flashfxp (also very much interested in scriptability, and to a lesser extent optional tabbed sessions, amung other things).

In any case, im happy to wait as im very happy with the current software and support system.

Tags
added, flashfxp, ftp, posts, sftp