Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 11-09-2004, 11:53 PM   #1
PopWeasel
ioFTPD Scripter

Default A few things that can be improved on..

I've been using another fxp client as primary client for a while now and the other day got curious as to the ffxp development so picked up the latest version to take it for a test drive. These are my impressions:

1. Right-clicking 'up' button should take me to root of ftp server.

2. When double-clicking status window, the enlarged popup status window should automatically scroll to the end because usually when you want to see a bigger view of the status window it's to see something that just happened, not something that happened minutes ago.

3. The command field is a nice addition but entering a command and hitting enter blanks the field. The last-used command should stay there and be highlighted, ready to be used again. There should also be auto-complete in the command field.

4. When showing grid lines, scrolling becomes very laggy. Enabling Smooth Scrolling exacerbates this problem but disabling Smooth Scrolling doesn't make the problem go away.

5. Adding CRC checking of downloaded files would be a nice feature.

6. Adding tabs so you can have multiple connections in one gui would be a nice feature, as it is quicker to open a new tab in an existing instance than it is to open another instance. Switching connections between tabs would be a feature to follow the addition of tabs.

I think there was something else I wanted to mention but can't recall what it was atm... Anyways, keep up the good work..
Old 11-10-2004, 06:29 AM   #2
ND-
FlashFXP Beta Tester

3. If you use ctrl+shift+r you got command history.

5-6. has been discussed so many many times... Search is your friend.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:16 AM   #3
Hetfield
FlashFXP Scripter

For point 3:

I think he allready knew that control-shift-r command, because he didn't ask for a history, but he asked for leaving the last command in the field after you hit enter, which wouldn't be a good idea IMHO. An auto-complete there would be nice though.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:06 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

2) The reason we do it this way is so that you can search the text, If the cursor is already at the end there is no text to search.

Tags
command, ftp, fxp, status, window