Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 08-23-2004, 01:30 AM   #1
TerraFrost

Default transfer queue's

currently, editing a transfer queue to use a different account (on the same ftp) requires that you know the position of the ftp with the account info that you want in the list of ftp's. as such, it'd be nice if you could see a bit more info out about the ftp you would change the transfer queue to use when editing the transfer queue.

also, i think it might be nice if the ftp's could be assigned names. that way, when scrolling through the list of ftp's, you could chose based on the name you chose, and not on the ftp's address.

finally, i think it might be useful if flashfxp included default sounds with it. they shouldn't be enabled, by default, but included would be nice.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:04 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It sounds like you're using the quick connect? If you add the site to the site manager you'll be able to name it anything you want.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:15 PM   #3
TerraFrost

i didn't know about the site manager - thanks!

although might it perhapes be a good idea to place a button on the quick connect dialogue that opens up the site manager? that should make it harder to not know about it
Old 08-23-2004, 07:59 PM   #4
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

theres already a button there to add a site into the site manager
Old 08-23-2004, 08:42 PM   #5
TerraFrost

well, a button that allows you to *edit* a site you may have already selected from the drop down menu from the drop down menu. as it is, you can *only* add sites...
Old 08-23-2004, 08:55 PM   #6
ND-
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Is it that hard to add it, then open up sitemanager and edit it there?
Old 08-23-2004, 09:30 PM   #7
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

you dont even need to add it to site manager, as site manager can read the quick connect entrys too, so u can edit there also
Old 08-24-2004, 01:29 AM   #8
TerraFrost

Quote:
Is it that hard to add it, then open up sitemanager and edit it there?
no, but if that's the reason for not including it, then i suppose you also think that pay-at-the-pump gas stations (for example) are kinda stupid? after all, is it *really* so hard to walk inside the store and pay in person?

my point being that people like things to be as quick and painless as possible, and that this particular feature of FlashFXP isn't, imho, as quick and painless as is possible.

i really don't care if it's added or not, actually (esp. now that i know about it, heh), but i don't think that suggestions should be shot down so quickly, either.

Tags
flashfxp, ftp, ftps, nice, transfer