Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 01-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
NerdyTech
FlashFXP Registered User

Thumbs up Vista Aesthetics

Correct the spelling if I am wrong :P Love FlashFxp and its functions, long time user first time writer. Two things I would love to see FlashFxp do for the new Windows Vista is on minmize or maxmize, have it animate with aero like other programs do. Also if FlashFXP is minimized on the taskbar have the live thumbnail work, it seems to only work now if the program is open, if FlashFxp is minimized then all you get is a FlashFxp logo for the live thumbnail. Maybe has something to do with the new Vista WPF. Many thanks! Hope to see a cool Vista edition out soon!

Chris
Old 01-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not sure if there's a work around for this issue but this has been a problem with Delphi programs in general since day one. The problem is that applications written in Delphi that use the standard design library have a fake main window, the window remains hidden throughout the program run cycle, this hidden window is used for communication and as a central location for all window message handling.

1. Since the main window is centered on screen when performing an animated minimize/restore the animation isn't properly positioned and it looks weird, also the animation is using this hidden main window and not the actual main window. So the result isn't what you'd expect to see.

2. This is also the reason the thumbnail view doesn't show the main window, the main window isn't the actual main window.

Tags
flashfxp, live, thumbnail, vista, work