Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 04-26-2006, 07:21 AM   #1
rdone

Default Secure delete after viewing

I have two suggestions for flashFXP:

- when viewing a document from a remote ftp site, the file is copied to the user "temp" folder in Documents and Settings. After closing the file from the associated viewer, and closing FlashFXP the file is deleted. Would it be possible to add a secure delete option like Eraser does (sf.net/projects/eraser) ? Or possibly specify a different temp folder for flashFXP?

- when editing a document, would it be possible to edit the file with the windows associated application, for example Microsoft Word for a .doc file, and upload automatically the modified version if the file is saved?

I would be interested in buying some licences if it had those features.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdone
- when editing a document, would it be possible to edit the file with the windows associated application, for example Microsoft Word for a .doc file, and upload automatically the modified version if the file is saved?
flashfxp can already do that
Old 11-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #3
NemolaN

I think rdone writes about a solution close to the work Front Page does, actually flashFXP just allow 1 upload if the file are saved, so if you want to edit again, you must to put on the queue and transfer again..
Old 11-21-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

no, NemolaN, you are wrong.
pick any editable remote file and press ctrl-e.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:18 PM   #5
NemolaN

Nope MxxCon, I'm exactly writing about Ctrl-E
When you choose to edit a file, flashfxp downloads the file to a temp dir and then opens it using the internal editor or the editor you have configured for the extension of the file.

Suppose you want to edit a .html file, previously associated to notepad. So, select file, press Ctrl+E, the file are downloaded to a temp dir, notepad.exe are executed and the file is opened.

Now, how many times you can see the results of your editing?? Just one, because you can save the file a thousand times in the temp dir but it will uploaded back to the server just one time. So, I think rdone wrote about a feature that allow to upload a file each time is saved, so e.g. you can view the big mess you are doing to the web page... as the editor remains open, you'll always have the chance to press the magic Ctrl-Z key
Old 11-21-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

oh well, we'll never know for sure becuase his post was 7 month ago and he didn't come back since

Tags
closing, file, flashfxp, ftp, upload