Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 12-09-2005, 03:28 AM   #1
MorTaR

Default flash fxp dll

I really think there should be a dll which will allow to use flashfxp from other programs (like mirc etc...) .
the dll will hold function like moving files/dirs from 1 site to another using the site manager sites.
i saw some ftp clients who already support that option , but their interface isnt as nice as flash fxp.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:07 AM   #2
Hetfield
FlashFXP Scripter

Well if your honest you'll see that Mirc is the *only* program in which such a DLL is used. Personally, i have never seen the use of such a thing. (i mean, just clicking to another window is too much trouble?!). Well thinking of it, perhaps it can be nice to remotely control FlashFXP. Anyways, i think that such a thing will be supported in the rewrite (the next major version of FlashFXP).
Old 12-09-2005, 04:36 AM   #3
MorTaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield
Well if your honest you'll see that Mirc is the *only* program in which such a DLL is used. Personally, i have never seen the use of such a thing. (i mean, just clicking to another window is too much trouble?!). Well thinking of it, perhaps it can be nice to remotely control FlashFXP. Anyways, i think that such a thing will be supported in the rewrite (the next major version of FlashFXP).
It's not about being lazy moving from one window to the other, its about automating actions.
most of the programs today comes with an external dll which allow to remotely control it , for use not just in mirc.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:52 AM   #4
Hetfield
FlashFXP Scripter

But wouldn't that require an irc log parser? Just curious..
Old 12-09-2005, 07:55 AM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTaR
most of the programs today comes with an external dll which allow to remotely control it
i highly question this statement. from my experience MOST of the programs today do not have any type of external interfacing...
Old 12-19-2005, 06:33 PM   #6
WiLDBiLL

I myself would love to see this happen . I think you would be suprised how many people would like this as the other clients that support this are not a patch on flash.

My 2 pence BiLL
Old 12-20-2005, 08:00 AM   #7
oslike

Yeh, lets make flash scriptable, that would be good
Old 12-23-2005, 09:15 AM   #8
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Such dll's do NOT exist for many other programs, you are simply comparing to ultrafxp/rushfxp, which infact has a dll, written by the authors, specifically for interation/control from mirc.

Personally i dont think any developer should waste there time making such a specific dll that would be used almost certainly only by warez auto-traders sitting in pre/site channels.

However, as mentioned before, scriptability would be great. And perhaps as part of that the ability to comunicate (simply send a message) with a dde server would be more than sufficient for you to write your own scripts.

For now, you could always use windows scripting (through com objects in mirc) to interact with flashfxp, if you have the knowhow or willingness to learn. Not the fastest, nor the best solution but probably the closest thing to using a dll. However it does require similar knowledge to that which would be required for you to write the dll yourself.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:38 AM   #9
oslike

could you exlain "(through com objects in mirc) "
a bit more please ?

br
Old 01-11-2006, 08:01 AM   #10
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Com objects in mirc allow you to interact with windows and other programs, using wscript and such (part of windows 2000 and above i believe). As i said, this requires similar knowledge to what you would need to write the dll yourself, in order to pull certain information (such as checking the task manager to find open flashfxp sessions) requires knowledge of windows API's.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:55 AM   #11
Pretone
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

I think no more people have knowhow to make dll but almost people can make a simple script using a dll. More people use rush with dll mirc and make script and there are an interest thing if you make same more command everithing connect on irc like send ftp irc invite and more
Old 01-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #12
trinat

A flash dll would be so neat. I would chance back to Flashfxp if you could handle such a dll...

Tags
dll, flash, flashfxp, ftp, fxp