Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 11-04-2005, 12:41 AM   #1
MyMailb0x

Question FATX Support on XBOX

I'm uploading to my XBOX running XBMC and the built-in FTP server in XBMC automatically converts long filenames to fit the FATX file system on the XBOX.

It would be really nice to have a feature in FlashFXP that would allow me to specify that the target FTP site uses FATX, and then FlashFXP could automatically take the truncated filenames in consideration when uploading... right now it doesn't know if a file exists since the name is shorter on the XBOX. Also, the Compare Folder Content feature doesn't work too well either because of this...

Since FlashFXP seems to be the preferred program for us XBOX users (the only reason why I purchased a license actually) I figure that I am not the only user with this issue.

Something you could consider adding? Should be a site specific option of course...

Thanks for a great program otherwise.

As a side note, I found that in XBMC you have to enable the the FATX conversion feature, otherwise you can't transfer any long files at all, the server just reports an error. Also the NOOP feature must be off in FlashFXP as it seems to mess up XBMC.

Mike
Old 11-04-2005, 08:20 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

i'm not a coder so i can't say if feature will be implemented,
but to me it looks like it's server's job to make sure it's compatible with whatever OS it's running on..
whole idea of standard FTP protocol is so that ALL clients and servers can talk the same language and take care of things that need to be done on either end of such connection...

Tags
feature, flashfxp, ftp, xbmc, xbox