Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 06-17-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
JensB

Default hiding ftp responses in status

is it possible or would U consider adding a feature, so that I can set FlashFXP to hide/not show all the command respones from the server ...

ie :

230 User JensB logged in , proceed.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8
REST 100
350 REST Command Ok , restarting position set to 100
REST 0
350 REST Command Ok , restarting position set to 0
PWD
257 "/" is current directory
TYPE A
200 Type set to ASCII.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (121,121,121,121,4,27)
LIST -al
150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /.
226-free disk space under this directory : 5514 mb
226 Transfer finished successfully. Data connection closed.

what I actually need to see from all of this is ... :

230 User JensB logged in , proceed.
226-free disk space under this directory : 5514 mb

possible or just plain stupid ?

regards / JensB
Old 06-17-2002, 07:01 PM   #2
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

mmm, in the info that you posted here there is important info; the 'rest ok' command, for example, indicates to you if the server support files resume. The 'type set to ASCII' indicates the way of transference of the files (the other way it's Binary) and finally there is a message that indicates to you that you're looging into this server on passive mode.

As you can see if FlashFXP will hide this info and something will be wrong, the user couldn't see what happened... I think that all the info that a FTP client shows to the user (specially the command responses from the server) is, somehow, important.
Old 06-17-2002, 11:48 PM   #3
JensB

Well ofc I agree that FlashFXP should be able to show this .. I´d even go as far as to say that by default it should ...

But ... as a user who is using it daily , I´d appreciate a way to hide unwanted responses, until I get a problem .. when I can turn em back on ..... to see what´s happend ...
Old 06-18-2002, 09:25 PM   #4
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

The option is there to right click on the status window to have it show only error/transfer's ..

That is the only option I can think of which may be useful to you. I dont see any point in making an option to disable certain lines, that is not needed in my opinion.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:24 AM   #5
JensB

hmmmm

well the error variant of the status window isn´t exactly what I meant ...

and I still think it would be sweet to have a "skiplist" for the response lines

but it´s not a make-or-break feature ... I´ll survive

keep up the brilliant work

/JensB
Old 06-23-2002, 06:08 AM   #6
XTracer
FlashFXP Registered User

Well, the idea tought of by JensB sounds like a very nice feature to me. I would also be a supporter of this...

99% of the time I wouldn't need all the info, maybe a simple list to disable the showing of lines starting with certain numbers.
Old 06-26-2002, 06:14 PM   #7
raven
FlashFXP Registered User

Thumbs down Maybe nice, but the risk of missing things is too big -> A lot of irrelevant support

It could be nice to have a list with all the numbers and then two columns in the settings (Show, Do Not Show) and you could choose which you wanted. This could be risky and time consuming for the FlashFxp support if people not being able to connect will mail the FlashFXP support and wonder why they can't connect, when the actual error message which would have given the answer is hidden. I think people can look for : xxx Mb free or what they want to see anyway.

Another compromise would be to be able to change the colours for certain numbers so that all the lines that you find is important are shown in yellow coulour and the others in normal. Then it is easy to see what you look for and you will still be able to see the errors etc.

Best regards
Niklas
Old 06-26-2002, 09:00 PM   #8
JensB

yes this would be sweet

Tags
command, jensb, rest, set, type