Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 06-04-2002, 03:35 PM   #1
JaggedFlame

Default ClearType-compatible fonts

Hello. In FlashFXP, you tend to use the font MS Sans Serif a lot, which isn't really compatible with the ClearType feature of Windows XP. It looks the same with ClearType enabled as well. As a result, the fonts aren't smoothed as they should be when ClearType is enabled, meaning it doesn't look as well as it can on LCD monitors.

So, it would be cool if you could use a different font across the interface, such as Tahoma or a similar font. You could also use a font called Microsoft Sans Serif (as opposed to MS Sans Serif), which is a font Microsoft made, which I believe comes with Windows XP, and is the same as MS Sans Serif except that it is compatible with ClearType. I think either of these fonts would make the program not only retain the interface on CRT monitors, but enhance it on LCD monitors.

(I know you can select which font you want to use in options, but that doesn't change all aspects of the interface, only the file listing, queue, and status windows. The status bar, the file/folder size notification, and all the child windows still use jagged fonts.)

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:42 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

In borland delphi MS Sans Serif is the default font.. I've had a few requests to add an option to change the application font, I guess this would be a good time to add it. I still use win2k I feel like I'm in the stone age compared to those using winxp.

Keep an eye out for the next beta release.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:43 PM   #3
JaggedFlame

Sounds good; thanks for the reply.

Tags
cleartype, font, fonts, serif, windows