Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 05-30-2002, 12:48 AM   #1
voystar

Default Autoconnect to a Site and much more ;)

Hi there,

I'd like to see an implementation of a little checkmark or similar in the Site Manager to connect to a Site everytime FlashFXP starts.

I am very pleased with FlashFXP itself, but as we can see in this Forum, there are some request, so I'd like to see the Folder-Rules too, but AFAIK it's on your list... THE List. I bet you guys are making one big list, where u set priorities and what is next to work on, what about publishing this list with a poll and the users can vote what they actually would like to see done the most. I admit that this list is probably large, but maybe you could narrow it down to quite a few, where I don't want to use numbers here.
I am pleased with your fast support bigstar and your close contact to the forum. Since I am a new registered user, I am happy how fast it went with my Registration Code. I went away from the illegal Downloads too, just because IMHO if you like a program, you should buy it, even tho it took me quite a while with FlashFXP. And yeah its the best.

Adios
voystar
Old 05-30-2002, 01:14 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
I'd like to see an implementation of a little checkmark or similar in the Site Manager to connect to a Site everytime FlashFXP starts.
you already can do that.
you start ffxp from command line and give site name as it's argument.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:45 AM   #3
voystar

Default RE

True, I guess I didn't know the power of this BUt still I'd like to see a poll, where the suers can say what they would prefer the most feature to be done next.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:27 AM   #4
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

Something along these lines would certainly help prioritise features to be implemented. At least that way it will be known which features are most requested so that the majority of people are satisfied.

I think the number one feature request at the moment is "file-type queue-sorting". E.g. so that .nfo files and the like will automatically be transferred first from each folder which they are found within.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:40 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well to have a poll on the message board would be unfair to everyone who contacts me directly making requests. There are many users who simply do not know of the message board or would rather send an email.

Our future feature list located at here is made up of items on the priority list.
Old 05-30-2002, 04:03 PM   #6
voystar

Bigstar: Absolutely true, messageboards are not the communication method for everyone. But what about publishing your Request List, which u certainly have, maybe as a new thread and non reply, cuz else u get all the "I want that messages". But like that many topics get posted twice such as the queue-rule request.

I know what you mean with the "unfair" but still it would be a possibility. It could even be on the webpage. The list u offered is just not enough it only includes 5 main points.

Well thats my beer, so maybe you dont have to give the "will not be included into the program in the future" replies.

Have Phun
voystar
Old 05-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

There is no single list. I have pages and pages of notes, many post-it notes, and 100s of email/board messages put aside. To compile them all into a single list would be very time consuming. At the moment only the features listed on my to-do list have a fairly good chance of being added. Anything else is more likely not to be added.

Every suggestion is first considered at the time of reading, If the current time isn't a good then it's put aside until a later date.
Old 05-30-2002, 04:57 PM   #8
voystar

Totally understood! Well I gues just keep it like it is now, the messageboard and everybody makes suggestions, just like me.
Furthermore is it so hard to port from Delphi4 to Delphi6 I thought it was downcompatible, or am I mistaken?

Wisconsin Cheesehead
voystar
Old 05-30-2002, 05:11 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I bought Delphi 6 Pro about 10 months ago, I spent an entire week trying to get FlashFXP to just compile and I had no success. The amount of issues that came up were so overwhelming that it might just be easier re-write FlashFXP then trying to figure them out.

Plus there's no advantage to using delphi 6, In fact in my opinion using delphi 6 would only result in a larger exe and nothing gained. based on other projects I was able to re-compile the exe size grows by about 25% compared to delphi 4.
Old 05-30-2002, 06:42 PM   #10
scyzoryk

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
I was able to re-compile the exe size grows by about 25% compared to delphi 4.
I bet if you compiled it in C/win32api, it would be much faster and have a smaller exe
Old 05-30-2002, 10:03 PM   #11
voystar

LOL let's don't get into the compiler fight even tho I'd prefer C too . I think bigstar did a great Job with FlashFXP and it's a great job in Delphi!
Old 05-30-2002, 11:31 PM   #12
scyzoryk

Yeah, I laugh at people who use CuteFTP. Haw haw haw!

Tags
fast, flashfxp, list, pleased, site