Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 05-17-2002, 05:53 PM   #1
Jesper

Question Multiply threads

Heya ho this software 0wns thats why I regged it

I was thinking if it in anyway was possible to add some kind of multi threads (logins to same server) like CuteFTPPro can BUT not in the same crappy way, more like when you starts a transfer, it should ask if you want to use the maximum available connections on the remote server from your IP and if you choose YES, then it should delay 61 secs between attempts and when limit is reached, stop trying, like if the remote server only allows 1 login it should try to do a 2nd login and if it fails then just use 1
Maybe set a MAX at 20 logins or some like that.

Reason is that many public sites allows unlimited logins so they can be real slow from time to time, and it could be nice if you que 20 files on the remote server but it goes at like 2-5K, I would end up with 20 FlashFXPs in my systray

I hope I stated this clear enough
Old 05-17-2002, 05:59 PM   #2
NiTu
FlashFXP Registered User

i think it is a bad idea - cause many servers - special windows server - you can really hammer down with it - they cant take that many connection request at one time - i know that cause i am a sysop myself - and if it are big sites with many hits dayli anyway - but a limited amount of users you block the way for other users - so i really hope it will never be aviable in this great application

ofcourse thats my oppinion
Old 05-17-2002, 06:04 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I already said I would add this type of feature if I rewrite FlashFXP.

Tags
logins, remote, server, threads, time