Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 05-10-2002, 11:01 AM   #1
dRD

Default Three suggestions

Currently I only have one reason to use other FTP tools every now and then and that is in my list as #1:

-Multi-thread downloads. This is plain and simple and I'm 100% sure that there are tons of guys who would appreciate this feature and drop their LeechFTP tools for good.

two other suggestions are just small improvements, but pretty important anyway:

-once directories/directory structures are dropped in the queue, it would be nice that FlashFXP would go through those directories (or have a possibility in settings to allow this, if not as a default behaviours) and calculate the estimated download time and free space required for the downloads _before_ even launching the queue. It would help to see if "I can download this stuff during the night or not", etc...

-I saw that on to-do list there's a FTP site dir cache browsing added already. Good, but using multi-threads (obviously, if FTP site allows user to take multiple conns) for this one would be useful as well -- if the dir is _not_ in the cache that user wants to browse while downloading/uploading, FlashFXP would open a new thread/conn to server and show the damn directory's content anyway, so users could drag the 100 new subfolders to the queue as well if they see something nice while downloading -- other ways the only way to do this is to either open a separate FlashFXP and use that to browse or to wait until the 18hrs of MPEG-1 downloads (legal ofkoz) are finished or to cut the d/l and hope that resume works.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:24 PM   #2
oxygene

The suggestion with multiple connections in flashfxp has been made a lot of times already but the author says that it wouldn't be possible to implement without completely rewriting flashfxp. and this won't happen in near future. So we all have to open multiple instances of flashfxp
Old 05-10-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

all 3 suggestions have posted numerous times.
this is getting really annoying
all 3 suggestions were explained why they are not in flashfxp. SEARCH MSGBOARD!

Tags
downloads, flashfxp, ftp, good, queue