Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 05-01-2002, 11:04 PM   #1
sdchew
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Distributed Downloads

It would be nice if Flashfxp could have a feature for distributed downloads using multiple threads similar to the Getright's auto-segment feature... this is because I noticed at time when I download from certain sites, there seems to be some throttling of my download speed...

for example, if I want to download 10 files from a particular FTP, if I download file 1, I get a download speed of about 25 kb/s... yet if I open mutiple copies of Flashfxp to download the other files at the same time while file 1 is being downloaded, I can still download at the same rate (25 kb/s) from the same ftp...

it would be nice if flashfxp could allow multiple logins and split up the files allocated to the queue to allow for a faster download... of course certain options like how many logins allowed would be nice too...

Old 05-02-2002, 01:15 AM   #2
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

It would be a very nice thing to have (setup number of thread within site manager etc ,etc), but the problem is that flashfxp will have to be re-written and i dont think Bigstar is too keen on doing that. So for now you will have to do what we all do ,run multi instances of flashfxp
Old 05-02-2002, 01:39 AM   #3
sdchew
FlashFXP Registered User

A type of script to automatically split up the queue and launch multiple copies of Flashfxp would be a nice quick fix and would achieve the desire effect...
Old 05-02-2002, 02:15 AM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

why people don't bother reading and searching msgboard?
i think this is most often asked question.
and every single time they get same answer.
just like when you call an elevator, pressing it's button many times will not make it come any faster. same here.

instead of making any scripts, just devide your queue in how many segments you want and just run that many instances of FlashFXP. simple, fast, totaly indepdent and don't have to wait for this feature.
Old 05-02-2002, 02:30 AM   #5
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

you dont even have to divide your queue, just load the load into multi instances of flash and go for it. Flash will just skip the file that is being downloaded by another and start the next one thats not being written

Tags
download, files, flashfxp, logins, nice