Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 03-23-2002, 08:02 AM   #1
DJO

Default Few Suggestions

Hi,

I'm using v1.4.3 Build 835 on win xp pro.

1) When I click Show Desktop (The shortcut that comes default with win me / win xp and is very useful) all my flashfxp instances that are open minimize to tray. I set them to minimize to tray when I hit minimize so I guess flashfxp thinks I minimized them all and that's why it sends them to the tray. I set mIRC to minimize to tray also and that program doesn't minimize when I hit the shortcut to shwo desktop so I guess this can be fixed.

2) Allow F8 (quick connect) to be excuted even when you are trying to connect to site or even connected. If you click connect in the quick connect dialog it will automaticlly disconnect from the current site.

3) Hot key for disconnect

4) Connect to a few FTP's from in the same program instance.

5) Add an option to blink/flash the icon in the tray or taskbar when something happens (on connect for example) like you can make it make a noise. My thought was to let it flash untill the user double clicks on it (good for example if you have lots of instances open and you are AFK and might not hear the beep that happened when one of ur connections got through).

6) Option to set what to do on connect. Sometimes I'm trying to enter a FTP site but it is full so I set it to retry every 60sec or something. Sometimes it connects when I'm out of home or sleeping. Sometimes I know the exact filename of what I want or even better the exact path. Sometimes I want to mirror this ftp so maybe a on connect transer all or transfer *.doc or whatever can be added.

Hope this was clear enough, thanks for reading.
Old 03-23-2002, 06:08 PM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Re: Few Suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by DJO
Hi,

1) When I click Show Desktop (The shortcut that comes default with win me / win xp and is very useful) all my flashfxp instances that are open minimize to tray. I set them to minimize to tray when I hit minimize so I guess flashfxp thinks I minimized them all and that's why it sends them to the tray. I set mIRC to minimize to tray also and that program doesn't minimize when I hit the shortcut to shwo desktop so I guess this can be fixed.

I dont see what your getting at with number 1, I think you should be writing to mirc about this one & not us, as it seams FFXP is doing what it should.

Quote:
2) Allow F8 (quick connect) to be excuted even when you are trying to connect to site or even connected. If you click connect in the quick connect dialog it will automaticlly disconnect from the current site.

Quick connect is disabled for a reason, as trying to connect or use this option while connected has caused problems in the past, as for the second part of the request i'd wait for bigstar if he wants to attempt it, but I dont think its the best idea.

Quote:
3) Hot key for disconnect

I have no use for this, how ever obviously you may and will be considered by bigstar.

Quote:
4) Connect to a few FTP's from in the same program instance.

This has been requested and answered a number of times. Due to the current design of FFXP this is NOT possible. And will not be possible unless a complete re-write of FFXP is done, which is not planned in the near future at all.

As for options 5 & 6, bigstar can think about those
Old 03-23-2002, 06:18 PM   #3
DJO

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DJO
Hi,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont see what your getting at with number 1, I think you should be writing to mirc about this one & not us, as it seams FFXP is doing what it should.
Yea I thought I wasn't too clear on that one. "Show Desktop" Isn't minimize all it is just supposed to show you the desktop, therefore FlashFXP shouldn't be minimized when this button is pressed.

Quote:
quote:

Quick connect is disabled for a reason, as trying to connect or use this option while connected has caused problems in the past, as for the second part of the request i'd wait for bigstar if he wants to attempt it, but I dont think its the best idea.
Why isn't this a good idea? Clicking disconnected and then F8 again is just a hassle (that's why I asked for disconnect to get 'hotkey'd').
Old 03-29-2002, 01:32 PM   #4
DJO

hello?
Old 04-28-2002, 03:05 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
1) When I click Show Desktop....
The reason FlashFXP behaves differently is because it was written in Borland Delphi, Borland Delphi applications are slightly different compared to applications compiled under say MSVC.

The difference is that Delphi applications have a seperate window for the taskbar button which is seperate from the main form.

And because of this minimize/restore/maximize work slightly different.

In order to provide the necessary auto minimize to tray we have to hook a window message that is sent to the fake hidden window on minimize. When you select Minimize All Windows it causes the same message to be triggered and FlashFXP goes to the tray.

There is no way to tell the difference between a minimize by FlashFXP or Minimize All Windows.

Tags
connect, minimize, set, site, tray