Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-23-2001, 12:53 PM   #1
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Lightbulb Enhancements for (ctrl+E)diting multiple selected items

the new Edit-interface is great, but there's still room for more.
Imagine adding 200 dirs to the queue, only to see that you dumped 'em in the wrong dir. What will you do? Delete the queue and start over? That's certainly an option, if only you could remember all the stuff.

Has this ever happened to you? Then you'll join me in asking;
please make it so if you select multiple entries (files and/or dirs) and Edit them, the target-dir will point to the parent-dir of the edited items, that is, if there's a directory you edit, that's still kept, not just replaced with whatever's in the target-dir like it is as of build 800.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:43 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Can you give me an actual example what happens and what part of the path you are editing.

I did some tests and it appears to work as intended. but perhaps I am overlooking what you are trying to do.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:01 PM   #3
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

My test-box is currently a win2k pro SP2, btw..

Well, If I queue up two remote dirs, select both, edit, tab to the target, it does say multiple selected, and that's promising, BUT;
the target-dir initially holds the dir reference to the FIRST dir selected. At first I thought it was an oversight, but if I type a different dir or browse to one, the source-dir names of all these items are ignored, and all files in them is dumped directly into the target dir. VERY messy. I refuse to believe that's what you intended.

Example:
selected dirs: remote/dir1, remote/dir2
queued to local/

if transfered direct, both dir1 and dir2 would be created in local/

if edited, the target-dir would say local/dir1, and files would say multiple selected

Let's say you changed the shown local/dir1 in target-dir to local/today and hit ok, all files in remote/dir1 and remote/dir2 gets put in /local/today WITHOUT re-creating dir1 and dir2 respectively.

I remember in V1.3.xxx, it promted you for each selected dir, it was rather annoying, but atleast it worked.

See the problem? Am I doing it all wrong?
Old 10-23-2001, 11:41 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Ok I think it's fixed.

I have attached a new build of FlashFXP.

I should point out this is an advanced debug version, which is normally used by official beta testers and extra debug info will be saved into a debug.log, not all of the errors logged are bad, some are intended by design.

Though if you see anything bad fee free to send me a private message containing the errors.
Old 10-24-2001, 06:55 AM   #5
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Yep, that did it. Thanks a bunch, bigstar!
Old 10-24-2001, 10:11 AM   #6
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Where is this new build you speak of, bigstar

Shark.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:19 AM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It was attached to this thread, then i realized that was probably a bad idea. so i waited for him to test it and then I removed it.

You really want it that bad shark? you know I don't normally post new builds for a single fix. wait until I get a dozen or so =)

Tags
dirs, edit, multiple, queue, target-dir