Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 01-31-2002, 10:24 PM   #1
infinitevs

Default A suggestion which i know will help a lot of people

Hi, I do a lot of fxping and i find it rather frustrating having to open a new instance of flashfxp for every 2 servers i want to transfer files between i was wondering if there was a way thatu could have tabs to navigate between 10 or more different sets of 2 servers, but while remaining in the same instance of the program.. I have made 2 gifs to illustrate what i mean..

Example 1:

Example 2:

Btw I just hand edited these pictures with msdraw to give a very simple idea of what i meant, so they're nothing special, sorry about the i couldnt get them smaller without an unacceptable loss of quality. I hope this illustrates my idea well enough.

thx for reading and i look forward to a response..

later.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:27 PM   #2
cjr
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Thumbs down

I'm sorry but I don't agree personally. I think its a crap idea, with no harm intended.

Its just as easy to open up anther window. Also this way you can see how long each one is taking and has to remain.

Thanks

FlashFXP v4.0.0, build 1462, registered
Firewall: Linux IPTables
Antivirus: Sophos
Network: xDSL

Old 02-02-2002, 07:40 PM   #3
infinitevs

well i think the point totally escapes you..

When u have 10 instances open it gets kind of hard to keep track of what is connected to what anyways.. this way u can easily switch between virtual instance ( tab) at no time at all.. and each tab includes all the information about time left on the transfer etc.. picture each tab as a new instance..
Old 02-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #4
loadet

i l0ve the idea it will be verry usefull and im sure there is many others tht have the same opinion ... it can get verry fustrating to have 10 or more clients open at the same time :/
Old 02-24-2002, 07:10 AM   #5
infinitevs

i just wanted to reply to this again.. to bring it to the top of the list and to hopefully bring my suggestion to attention of the developers.. I went to the effort of making gifs of what I meant and I thought that maybe someone who has a real say with the development would give me a response.. it doesnt have to be agreeing just a respose would be nice..
Old 02-24-2002, 10:51 AM   #6
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Thumbs down

i hate the idea
Old 02-24-2002, 11:06 AM   #7
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

I personally think that multiple document interfaces are very good; hence one of the reasons I choose Opera over Internet Explorer.

However, I think the nicest way to do it would be using a press-button method similar to that of either Opera or mIRC. Also, like Opera, the user could specify whether they wish to use single or multiple document interface mode. This way both the current and new method could be employed. I don't believe you would need two tabs, one on either side like the image above - just one tab per session would be fine.

Perhaps something along the lines of this could help with being able to specify different settings for different connections. E.g. one tab could have a different speed limit to another.

However, even though this idea does appear good, I think it would require a lot of extra coding and therefore would be unlikely to appear soon, if at all.

Cheers.

Tags
idea, instance, lot, msdraw, servers