Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 04-08-2004, 02:52 AM   #1
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default 'Tree View Display' suggestion

Some sort of option, perhaps a right click option, to 'populate' and 'expand' the tree view. umm, hope you understand that. 'LIST -alR' could most probably be used to do this. What this would do for those servers that support it, would be request ' LIST -alR' and use the reply to expand all folders in the tree view so that you can navigate a site quickly or glance over it without having to go in and out of endless folders. I personally would find this very handy for a few sites that have deep folder docking that is always changing (so i cant just set a remote path or bookmark)... what do you all think?
Old 04-08-2004, 03:34 AM   #2
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

Wouldn't a recursive listing take too much time?. I think that most users don't need to see or navigate through all site's folders (imagine a LIST -alR command on a site with hundreds of folders and a complex structure). However this feature could be applied on those sites that have a few folders (for example a personal website).
Old 04-08-2004, 08:58 AM   #3
DayCuts
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Not in my experience......
List Complete: 795,215 bytes in 10.10 (78.87 KBps)
stats: 1104 Folders, 6624 Files, 7728 Total (42,880,181,454 bytes)
Effectively this would work very similar to the 'Calculate FTP Space Used..' feature when the 'List directories recursively' option is checked and listing for '/'. The difference would be how the raw list data is used after it is recieved, for tree view 'population' purposes. As for the expanding, perhaps not needed or even wanted (an 'expand all' and 'collapse all' options could be added also), however populating the tree view with recursive listing would allow one to navigate using the '+' and '-' without having to perform a directoy change and a listing seperately all the time before continuing to the next folder or sub-folder.

My thought would be to add this to the right click options for the tree view, allowing you to right click and populate the selected directory and all imbedded, in the case of right clicking the '/' at the top of the tree view it would perform the command on the entire site.

I don't know about others but i often use recursive listing for various reasons already, such as checking site quota on my webhost. And have never experienced issues of this taking very long.

Tags
alr, list, option, tree, view