Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-21-2001, 09:26 AM   #1
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Didn't you keep the IkonBoard posts?
Let's see.. There were two things;

First the way you enable/disable the skiplist in build 800 is teadious (going to options, skiplist, check enable). I suggested you make that checkbox the global status, and restore the Tools-option and make that setting local to each instance (ie. memory-based only).

Second, I was asking for a way to override the skiplist matching on a case-by-case basis, such as adding an option in the right-click pulldown to force-add a skipped item to the queue. See, as it is now, the skiplist excludes dirs/files that matches, but if you add them to the queue with the skiplist disabled, enable it and then do the queue, it'll still transfer the items that's normally skipped. I dont think this would require that big a change, and if you did this, suggestion #1 isn't nearly as vital (tho, we would like to see both at some point )

Umm, maybe this thread should be split and put in Suggestions.
Old 10-21-2001, 03:09 PM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Skip list thing

The skip list is quite easy to disable. I dont think in anyway it is 'teadious'.

This is only in reply to the first part of Fusion's suggestion.

The second half, that reply can be handled by the boss
Old 10-21-2001, 03:56 PM   #3
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Sorry, that was "tedious", that help clear up the mist that surrounds you? I never said it wasn't easy. I said it was repetitive. Also, it was alot easier before, but that's already covered in the rest of my post.
Old 10-21-2001, 06:42 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

1:
The reason the skiplist option was removed from tools is because it caused some confusion and it didn't work as I intended it to, as did the anti-idle option. There were conflicts between it and the per-site setting.

2:
If I understand your situation correctly then I think the ideal solution would be to change the skiplist settings 'When to skip' to 'automatic file transfers'

This will allow you to manually queue a file that would be normally skipped.

Then when you transfer a folder the only content of that folder will be applied to the skiplist.
Old 10-21-2001, 06:57 PM   #5
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Hmm, let me see if that works. I'm 99% sure I already tried it like you said, and if so, I just might have a bug.. I'm not sure what I hope for more.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:03 PM   #6
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Yup, I stand corrected. Thanks, bigstar.
Old 10-21-2001, 07:14 PM   #7
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
1:
The reason the skiplist option was removed from tools is because it caused some confusion and it didn't work as I intended it to, as did the anti-idle option. There were conflicts between it and the per-site setting.
So a global vs local (limited to each instance of flashfxp) won't do anything to correct this? Or do you plan to just re-think it and re-implement it at a later date? Although I fail to see how it could be done better, I do know greatness works in mysterious ways.
Old 10-21-2001, 09:41 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

per-site has 3 possible settings.

Enabled
Disabled
Use global default

Enabled & Disable override the global setting, which would also override the skiplist option in the Tools menu.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:30 AM   #9
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Yes, but if you go to Options. Skiplist and change the setting there in one instance, it's reflected in another instance that's in use aswell. Note: That's 2 already loaded, I'm not talking about loading another after changing the setting, I know that gets whatever setting is the global, unless specified like you described.
Maybe that's a bug, maybe it's intentional, at least, to me, it's a tad illogical.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:46 AM   #10
mdn

>Enabled & Disable override the global setting, which would also override the skiplist option in the Tools menu.

That's exactly what i want (for skiplist or anti-idle)
All my sites have 'Use Global setting' and, like Fusion, i would like to be able to check the Skiplist menu in /Tools for one session of FF only.. per-site settings would still override this setting

I agree it's quite confusing but.. it is SO useful
Old 10-22-2001, 04:53 AM   #11
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Exactly.

From what bigstar described, I'm leaning towards a bug. I guess that's a goodthing, afterall.

Tags
enable, make, queue, skiplist, skipped