Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-20-2001, 04:33 AM   #1
mdn

Lightbulb Highlight

A good feature would be to be able to highlight some lines in the status window

For example, you could set 'COMPLETE' in the highlight words and then everytime a line with COMPLETE word in it appears it would be in a specific color and would appear in the error/transfer window

So when you have long queues, you could check if some words have appeared without having to browse through all the status buffer

Not too difficult to implement ?
Old 10-20-2001, 04:24 PM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

As far as I can tell, that has already been implemented, by way of the error/transfer window. Right-click on the status-window, and you'll only get the completed transfers and errors. Very useful.
Old 10-20-2001, 06:02 PM   #3
mdn

yes there is this nice feature but the highlight would permit the users to select specific words to be added in the Transfer/Complete log or to appear with a specific color

Being able to highlight some server answers or notices would be very nice
Old 10-20-2001, 06:17 PM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Umm.. Maybe I'm stupid here, but I'll risk it. You want to select a word.. Why? To get notified when the queue's reached that point, as in a breakpoint? To what end? The only notification that's even remotely useful, is when it's done, and that's already covered elsewhere, as is the continued tracking of where, in terms of time, bytes and whatnot, you are in the queue at any given point.

Besides, your suggestion would need the status-window up. (well, not really, but let's say, for the sake of argument. )
"My" way is alot more tidy, there's enough junk on our screens already, I'll wager.
Old 10-21-2001, 04:47 PM   #5
mdn

Just imagine i am on a ratio site and i don't have many credits there

I put a highlight mask just like : 'not enough credits'

and then if that message happens from the site, i will see it in a different color and have this message in the Error/Transfer log

Another example : 'you have a msg to read'

it can be useful to have such messages highlighted..

ok that's a little feature but when a program is working as good as FlashFxp, what can you ask except little features like that ?
Old 10-21-2001, 05:02 PM   #6
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

First, if you're short on creds, what you've queued will only end up sitting in your queue, no worries there. You would already get the errors in your log, along with the completed dls. As for the rest? Hmm, I'm all for new features, but this still strikes me as a less useful one. Then again, I run a site and get flooded with mesgs and have free leech on every site I use, so what do I know.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:50 AM   #7
mdn

Fusion, please, don't destroy all my examples :P

They are just examples, i can give you more.. but i'm sure you'll find a reason why not having these lines highlighted..

but just imagine, maybe, some people like me would like to be able to highlight some messages from the server for some reasons

If it's impossible to implement, that's ok but i think this feature can seem useful to some people and useless to others that's not a reason not to do it
Old 10-22-2001, 04:56 AM   #8
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

I'll be diplomatic, and simply say that there's other things they can implement first.

Tags
complete, highlight, status, window, words