Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 05-16-2003, 12:38 AM   #1
nimda7

Question copy files on server

peepz, lol, call me lame, but since i use flashfxp i have one stoopid problem.
often i want to copy files/folders from one folder to another which is accessible to the public, but ! drag and drop from the FILE LISTING WINDOW to the TREE VIEW at the left (single FTP mode) / same connection window/ lets me only MOVE! comparing to sma..FTP where u are able to COPY OR MOVE files and folders in one connection window easily. by dragging them with right button hold to the TREE VIEW

Is that Drag and Drop Option : Move/Copy feature really missing ????
I´m sure i just haven´t found that info howto ( shortcut CTRL+Mouse Drag ) yet

If not please add that feature, you have to copy files same often like moving them on sites.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:33 AM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

Yes, drag & drop from file listing to tree is not supported....there are two ways to do this...ctrl-c on the file in listview, then ctrl-v on the dir in treeview..or right click and paste. also, you can right click, select explorer menu, then copy/etc. Yes, drag & drop between list & tree would be nice, i just don't think its supported in the explorer control that FlashFXP uses
Old 05-16-2003, 02:55 AM   #3
nimda7

Default maybe misunderstanding or my ffxp version is different from yours, or i´m a fool

ok well i was talking about server side copy.
I tried twenty times CTRL+C and CTRL+V , the standard shortcuts , even before your advise, was my firyst step, but ...
On the left pane i got my localhost explorer file listing onm the right pane i got my FILE LISTING of the connected server , with enabled TREE VIEW . Now i want to COPY a file/folder in a specific SERVER/tree to another position on that server., and that <b>without</b> connecting a second time to the server by using the left window pane, in the server side right mouseclick menu are just the queue´s and transfer and copy url options.
where is copy/paste for server side ?

:/
Old 05-16-2003, 10:25 AM   #4
Linkster
Administrator

Yes, there was a misunderstanding i thought you meant local view. I don't know of any way to copy a file on a remote server to another spot on the server....although i have wanted to do the same thing many times
Old 05-16-2003, 11:21 AM   #5
nimda7

Talking Fine!

Then this is my -= [ FINAL REQUEST ] =- for that feature
Old 05-31-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
boylizard

i myself have never needed to do that, but now that ive tried that, it really would be a nice option...........
Old 05-31-2003, 07:29 PM   #7
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

the only way to copy files on a server is by fxping, i do it quite often and works great

Tags
copy, drag, drop, files, window