Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 12-11-2001, 10:55 AM   #1
fizban99

Default Queue As

Yes yes, I'm well aware that there is a "Queue As" feature. However, it is only an option AFTER the transfer has started. If I want to queue up a bunch of stuff before starting the transfer, yet change the dir or file names for whatever reason, i have to queue them first then edit them. The "Queue As" feature should be available BEFORE and AFTER a transfer has started.

Just my two cents.

PS I had a friend who submitted this request a few months ago, as did I, when the "Request a Feature" formmail was on the site. However, we were both quickly told by the developers or powers that be that this feature is not needed. I'm glad to see that constructive criticism is taken so well. You expect us to purchase your software, yet don't take our suggestions seriously? Pfft.
Old 12-11-2001, 01:47 PM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

I also agree this is a much needed feature. I would use it daily. Is it easy to do bigstar? I know it has been requested before but don't remember
Old 12-11-2001, 02:48 PM   #3
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

I would imagine it shouldn't be too hard, considering that parts of what could be used is already present by way of the Edit functions.
Old 12-11-2001, 07:40 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

it would be simple as 1.2.3. to add a menu item to do that however I personally don't like the way it looks on the menu. it seems cluttered.

Transfer
Transfer As
Queue
Queue As
-------------

Perhaps someone has another way we can provide the functionality?
Old 12-11-2001, 08:00 PM   #5
fizban99

Maybe a combination of a keystroke and clicking the "Queue" option? Like "Shift" + "Click".

Just an idea.
Old 12-11-2001, 08:05 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Sure.. Sounds good to me.. Any other thoughts?
Old 12-11-2001, 11:19 PM   #7
Linkster
Administrator

hmm, i don't like the keystroke idea...and i really don't think adding a single menu option would make it cluttered..if you want to clean it up, just put all of the options as a submenu under somthing like
Transfer/Queue->
Transfer
Transfer As
Queue
Queue As
Old 12-12-2001, 01:24 AM   #8
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Actually, a keystroke combo is the logical choice. Imho, we use that spectrum way too little. Sub-menus would open up a royal mess.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:47 AM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I don't think the sub menu would be a good idea. I find them a bit cumbersome to navigate. Transferring files shouldn't be complicated.

we already use shift for a few special features, like shift+ view file to force the file to open in the internal editor. shift+connect to send the user name prefixed with ! to kill ghosts on servers that support it. As fusion stated it would be logical.

Should we keep Transfer As, or eliminate it? so that queue/transfer function in the same way.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:56 AM   #10
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

I'd say eliminate it, and use a keystroke-combo. New users will most likely welcome less choices, while more advanced users will find the reference to keystrokes, and adjust to using shift and other keys. All in all, the best of both worlds.
Old 12-12-2001, 02:13 AM   #11
fizban99

I think that's a great idea...so you'd get "Transfer" and "Queue" in the menu, and if you want "Transfer As" or "Queue As" just do shift+click.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:42 AM   #12
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I dont think a sub menu would look the best, but I dont really see a problem in one extra item... you already have transfer as. ..

Well... just my opinion.

If you keep making everything have a shift, how will I ever remember these.... I dont even know what the shifts do atm.

Shark
Old 12-12-2001, 03:52 AM   #13
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
shift+connect to send the user name prefixed with ! to kill ghosts on servers that support it.
i didn't know that
Old 12-12-2001, 03:53 AM   #14
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Shark
If you keep making everything have a shift, how will I ever remember these.... I dont even know what the shifts do atm.

Shark
"we already use shift for a few special features, like shift+ view file to force the file to open in the internal editor. shift+connect to send the user name prefixed with ! to kill ghosts on servers that support it."

How good is the help-file anyways? A guide to keys etc. is a must. Like, I too had missed the shift-connect bit.
Old 12-12-2001, 05:25 AM   #15
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

By the time I get around to updating the help file, I often forget to add everything. I am a programmer dammit.. I shouldn't have to write help files :P

Tags
feature, queue, request, started, transfer