Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 03-11-2003, 03:00 PM   #1
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Just a few...

I have a few ideas that, I think, could improve FlashFXP:

Technical

Better Integration with Windows Explorer
It's real handly how you can drag&drop files from windows explorer to a remote site in FlashFXP. I think that this usability would be greatly enhanced by allowing one to download to Windows Explorer from a remote site in FlashFXP, as well as drag&drop to and from the local view in FlashFXP and windows explorer.

File Type listing for remote view
Just because it's remote, doesn't mean I don't need to know what type of file it is

Multi-threading
Being able to transfer files to more than one FTP site in one instance of FlashFXP would be quite handy.

Cosmetic

Toolbar Button for Transfer mode (when not in "FTP Only" mode)
(self explanitory)

Grid in views
Have an option for a grid view in the remote view, local view, and the queue view (all individually, so that one can pick and choose where he/she wants the grid view switched on and off)

Toolbar Button for Site Manager
(self explanitory)

More customizable toolbar
Perhaps, allow one to customize the toolbar similar to the way you can customize the toolbar in Internet Explorer.

That's it for now. Great work on the app, guys. I anticipate that I will be buying this program after my trial period.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:48 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

many of the suggestions you listed have already been covered, search msgboard to find those topics.
regarding other requests, you'll know if they will be implemented or more info is needed..
Old 03-11-2003, 06:11 PM   #3
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Sorry, I guess I didn't search the board thouroughly enough

Which suggestions need to be better explained?
Old 03-11-2003, 06:47 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

rereading your suggestions it seems like you are aproaching FlashFXP with too much "explorer" style, ie using mouse as main interface..
however i think one of the strongest advantages of flashfxp is it's setup to use keyboard shortcuts..
using keyboard you virtualy eliminate the need for toolbar buttons and drag/drop support and generally speed up all operations.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:40 PM   #5
epp_b
FlashFXP Registered User

Yes, Keyboard shortcuts can be very handy, can can speed things up, I use them all the time. But, you can get very swift with the mouse too.

The main ones I'm looking for are the remote File Type listing and the grid. I like the grid because it makes it easier to visually align the file listings with their properties on the right (size, type, etc....).

Although the toolbar buttons for Transfer mode and Site Manager would be nice, too

As for the Explorer Integration -- hey, that's what the local file browser is there for anyway

Tags
explorer, flashfxp, remote, toolbar, view