Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 02-19-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
3y3p

Default Multi Proxy's

I think one of the best features flashfxp should include is the option to set a specific proxy to use Per site, so that each site has the ability to use different proxies. Many times, i have my personal proxy being used to much and would like to use a secondary proxy on other half of sites yet keep using first proxy for other half.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:40 PM   #2
SiiiD
FlashFXP Registered User

id like to see something like that, or even just an enable/disable of proxy going all open
Old 08-13-2003, 08:25 AM   #3
elzorras

y just suggested thiz idea a long time ago... and i suggested too to support multiple proxys. The idea is to have a list of proxys and flashfxp tries to download connectin' trough proxy1, if proxy 1 doesn't connect or the dowload speed is lower as a input rate... flashfxp automatically takes the new proxy of the list...

what about thiz function?
Old 09-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
zonemen
Disabled

Yeah that would be cool...
Old 12-20-2003, 09:38 AM   #5
lazyworm

multiple proxys is better
Old 02-28-2004, 09:44 PM   #6
x69
FlashFXP Registered User

I would love to see the ability to specify a diff proxy on a per site basis in addition to the global proxy setting.. I realise this will take some work in doing in the meantime if you could add the ability to set whether or not to use the proxy server by default.

I have some sites I have to use a proxy server for, but I dont want to use the proxy for all sites unless I have to so currently I have to go through all of my configured sites and tell it to bypass the proxy for that site.
Thanks
-Gerard
Old 02-29-2004, 06:53 AM   #7
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

i agree, a very much needed feature
Old 03-19-2004, 07:21 AM   #8
Daniel919

3y3p's and elzorras's suggestions are very good, I would also like to see the support of per site proxies, and a multi proxy list, like elzorras suggested.

I searched the forum but I didn't find a meaning from bigstar about that, whats up with this features ? Will they be added ?
Old 03-19-2004, 08:05 AM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This is on the to-do list.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:45 PM   #10
mike_fba

This would be nice to have built into FXP, but why do that when you can easily run FlashFXP through one of the many good proxy surfing applications. These applications are a big advantage because you can run any type of traffic through them, it's one stop shopping for IRC, HTTPS, FTP, etc.

Try SurfAnonymous, it's very simple and allows you to easily connect to FTPs. The name is a misnomer, you can add any type of proxy to this program that you like, it just happens to include an anonymoity checker for the privacy-minded. It might even be granular enough to associate particular proxies with particular applications, not sure. Just add your favorite proxies and enjoy.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:49 AM   #11
zonemen
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_fba
Try SurfAnonymous, it's very simple and allows you to easily connect to FTPs. The name is a misnomer, you can add any type of proxy to this program that you like, it just happens to include an anonymoity checker for the privacy-minded. It might even be granular enough to associate particular proxies with particular applications, not sure. Just add your favorite proxies and enjoy.
The only problem with this program is it interfere's with many games, causing them not to run properly. And it's not free.

Tags
half, personal, proxy, site, times