Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 02-10-2003, 11:13 AM   #1
adopmor

Default showing a warning when "turn off computer" is activated

This is my first post.
As the first topic recommends i searched in the forum to see if someone talked about this before but i didn't find anything.

My suggestion is that when you start flashfxp it could show a warning, remembering you that you have the "turn off computer on transfer complete" option activated.
The reason is simple. Normally you will activate this option and leave the pc during the night or for a long period of time downloading things.
Then when you start your computer again the next morning or next days, you probably won't remember that you have this option activated and if you use flashfxp for transfer anything again, it will shut down your pc and you'll loose all your work that you have been doing until there.
I know that there's a confirmation screen but it can be possible that you're not looking at the screen during 30 seconds to prevent flashfxp to shut down the pc or that you have the confirmation screen deactivated.

it happened to me (i lost some work i was doing) cause i didn't see flashfxp flashing during 30 seconds. I know you can think it's my fault, but wouldn't be easier to advice you when you re-run flashfxp the next time and asking to deactivate that option?

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:52 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

There are two locations to set the "On transfer complete" option.

When setting it via the Preferences the value is saved on exit.

If you set it via the menu FTP > On transfer complete the value is only used during the current session and is not saved on exit.

I recommend you use the later option.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:54 PM   #3
dany
FlashFXP Registered User

maybe it would be possible to show the currently selected 'on transfer complete' option in the caption of flashfxp so i can quicky see what i have selected

Tags
activated, computer, flashfxp, option, screen