Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 01-24-2003, 09:05 PM   #1
Keymaster

Default Timeout on FXP transfers

I am getting sick of looking at my FlashFXP and it says like 30 minutes on elapsed time when it should only take less then 5 minutes to transfer a file. There needs to be a timeout and resume on FXP transfers. Flash will just sit there for hours if you let it.

Please add a timout/auto resume function to flashfxp.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:54 PM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

This is already an option in FTP transfers...

Preferences -> Transfer (tab) -> 'Stop and resume if no data received for ... mins'

I know you have asked for FXP, is this the type of thing you mean ?

The problem is the transfer does not go through the computer you are fxping from.. so FlashFXP would not know if data is being received or not..

The only way this may be possible would be, I guess, just a 'timer'.. and it just stops after X mins.

This however would cause a problem if you are transfering large files.. or if you have a slow site..
Old 01-25-2003, 01:47 AM   #3
Keymaster

Its exactly what I asked for. The option of stop and resume if not data recieved does not cover fxp transfers. Like I said when transfering files that should take say 2 minutes a file I want a time set at 3 minutes. I don't care if the file is finished or not. Most likely it has been finished and some where flash has hung. I want flash to disconnect, reconnect and resume. If the file was incomplete, so what it would be in the que still and could be resent or just skipped.

Tags
flashfxp, minutes, resume, timeout, transfers