Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 01-10-2003, 04:17 AM   #1
ods15

Default Group Sites

I've got a few FTP sites that have dynamic Ip's, so everytime i want to connect to them, i need to re-enter their IP's - Problem is, some of these sites have over 5 different user accounts! meaning, if i want to connect them and browse around all of their accounts and etc. i need to change 5 different accounts - it would be cool if you could make a group thats all one site and each site in that group is just a different acount - so when that site changes its IP, all i gotta do is change the IP in the group or whatever, and all the other acounts would change as well.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:03 AM   #2
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

all i do for those types of things, is make a group called "my site" then add as many site bookmarks in it called like "my site (IP1)", "my site (IP2)", etc
Old 01-13-2003, 09:50 AM   #3
darkone
Disabled
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Administrator

One way for doing that is to, add link to your 'hosts' (ie: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) file on desktop, and add entries for each site there:

<site 1 ip> Site1
<site N ip> SiteN

Once done, you can use Site1 - SiteN instead of ips in flashfxp's hostname fields. If site ip changes, all you need to do is edit entry in hosts file for that site with your favorite text editor.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:53 AM   #4
ods15

I'm not exactly sure what you meant with the bookmark idea, but if i understood correctly, that wont work - bookmarks just save directories in a site, no make seperate login accounts.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:01 AM   #5
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

well i didn't really mean the "bookmarks" as such, as yes these can be used as you said, i use them for sites and local folders.

What i mean is just make a "group" folder in your sites manager called "site 1", then add as many sites under this with differant IPs, and maybe call each one of these names like the IP address so its easy to see which is what
Old 01-25-2003, 06:08 AM   #6
ods15

heh, well, i've already did that
they're already in their own folder
its just 6 different acounts... each time changing ALL of their IP's... it gets annoying
I havent tried the other idea (the one with the hosts file) - it seems like a good idea, just havent had a chance to test it yet

Tags
accounts, change, group, site, sites