Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-19-2002, 01:15 PM   #1
MoGle3
FlashFXP Registered User

Default new feature

maybe not something which many people would need, but its one thing I have needed that I found was missing in Flash FXP....

the ability to FXP files from one site to a number of others without the need to connect to them all and queue them up.... for example...

I want to transfer some files from site one to a pre defined folder on site 2, site 3 and site 4.... I don't want to have to connect to all 4 sites and browse to where I want to put the files just to queue them up...

maybe instead, hilighting the folders/files on the initial site, right click-->"fxp to..." and a pop up box with a list of ftp sites with a check box.

All it would take to set up is an extra line in the site manager that defines the "default upload directory"

Hope all that makes sense

like I said, it may be seen as a stupid feature to have, but I am sure others would use it too.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:34 PM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I don't see the use of this for the majority of users, however im sure some people will comment, etc..

The thread has obviously been moved as it was in the wrong section.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:45 AM   #3
MoGle3
FlashFXP Registered User

yes, I understand that not every user will benefit from this feature and like you said.. Im sure some people would.

How difficult do you think it would be to implement it? I know nothing about programming but I wouldn't think it would take that much and it would make distributing files to more than one ftp a lot easier.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:19 PM   #4
Pathfinder

A function "Create manual queue entry" for under the right mouse button menu for the queue would do the trick, I think. Not that I would need it btw

Tags
connect, files, fxp, queue, site