Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-13-2002, 06:29 PM   #1
Delerium69
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Connection Tabs

Don't know if this has been crossed before but instead of loading multiple instances of the program to transfer to several ftps, can you implement a tab system at the top (like on a spreadsheet) showing the ftp name from and to on each. This way you can have several transfers to several ftps with only one session open. I think i saw this on leechftp or summut - was a good idea (however i leech just didn't have the flexibility of flash).

Comments?

Del^
Old 10-13-2002, 08:47 PM   #2
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

i would hate have tabs on flash, if flash never gets rewritting for multi-thread (which i dont really care), having multi instances is much better option to have
Old 10-14-2002, 07:19 AM   #3
ND-
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Multi-thread in the sense of trying to connect to the same site 5 times at the same time is bad.
But to have tabs so you could be connect to 5 sites, and have an option to transfer between any of those 5, it would be usefull in some cases.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:16 PM   #4
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

As I/We have posted so many times... to be able to transfer between these 'tabs' or how ever it is worded ... 'multi-threading' is not possible with the current FlashFXP and will never be unless it is totally re-written..

This not going to happen, well not soon anyway.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:24 PM   #5
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

and having flash done by "tabbing" would really stink! If Bigstar was going to re-write flash, he would do it as mutli-threading, which would be an option to use X-amount of logins..
Old 10-15-2002, 12:43 PM   #6
Delerium69
FlashFXP Registered User

I wasn't suggesting multi-threading at all. Let me explain. Say I have 4 ftp sites and i want to do some transfers.

I would connect to site 1 and site 2 (This would then be a tab called Site1<->Site2) then i would select 'new tab or new session' then i can then connect to site 3 and site 4 which would then be a tab Site3<->Site4. So its just like having 2 sessions open - eg. site1 is fxping to site 2 and on the other tab site 3 is fxping to site 4. There is no multi threading at all as i am not connecting to the same site several times.

You follow?

Del
Old 10-15-2002, 01:02 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This is a suggestion forum not debate. I have received your suggestion. Thank You. This thread is closed.

Tags
ftps, leechftp, open, session, transfers