Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 09-18-2002, 09:31 AM   #1
danielhauser

Default some kind of scripting?

Hi guys,

a friend of mine told me about flashfxp just a few days ago. after i installed it i noticed that it is much more comfortable than ********, leechftp and lots of others ftp-clients.
well, the thing is that i am really fond of this client. but as all programs can never be perfect there are quite some wishes i have.

a) the custom commands are pretty nice, BUT there's a lot i miss. for example i can do everything like renaming, deleting files, getting information, using site-commands like lots of daemons use it. but what if i wanted to do custom commands when editing a file? i cannot retrieve a file, download a file or even view it as there are port-commands in use which are created by flashfxp itself. as for now this is impossible to be done can you please implement some more commands or even create a simple scripting-interface to use all of flashfxp's options or modify them for a single time?

b) the site manager is a real cool system. the fact that the password is lost forever is bad for me but we'll have to live with it. i am simply missing an additional entry to each site "override global proxy setting". this exists partly in the options "bypass proxy server for this connection" and "use passive mode". but i connect to the internet via two different proxy servers, so i have to be able to set a certain socks-proxy for each site. the way "1) setting up proxy server, 2) connecting to site" is indeed working but i'm not in the mood for changing config each time i connect.

c) F11 gives me a list of currently closed queues. there is a button for loading & deleting them. can there be implemented one for copying a queue?

d) i want to auto-transfer certain files twice a day. in flashfxp there is no way to create a "sticky queue" which will be auto-scheduled in the background. maybe in form of a service or an additional tray-icon which uses these daily-queues.

... not all of my wishes will be convertible but i am thinking that some of my suggestions are pretty nice

daniel

Tags
commands, file, flashfxp, proxy, site