Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 11-21-2001, 08:17 AM   #1
Xces
FlashFXP Registered User

Default preferences

Heja!

I normally have more then 1 flashfxp open. I changed in my first window the preferences to display in the window title only "%ttr" total time remaining.

As i am a software programmare of myself it is logical that it didn't change in the second window. But i expected it to change when i went to my second flashfxp and open the preferences there.

So:
Please "re-read" the preferences when the preferences window is openend, so changes made in other open flashfxp applications are taken in consideration.

Good idea?

Regards,

A future customer
Old 11-21-2001, 08:24 AM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

If you open a new window after the change, it would reflect the change. Existing windows don't. They need to be re-opened.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:21 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default Re: preferences

Quote:
Originally posted by Xces
Heja!

I normally have more then 1 flashfxp open. I changed in my first window the preferences to display in the window title only "%ttr" total time remaining.

As i am a software programmare of myself it is logical that it didn't change in the second window. But i expected it to change when i went to my second flashfxp and open the preferences there.

So:
Please "re-read" the preferences when the preferences window is openend, so changes made in other open flashfxp applications are taken in consideration.

Good idea?

Regards,

A future customer
This is exactly how FlashFXP currently functions, the preferences are re-read when opened, however you must press OK for the updated changes to keep.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:39 AM   #4
Xces
FlashFXP Registered User

actually I did press ok

You say the preferences are reread if reopened. But do you mean when flashfxp reopens (a new session of the application) or a new "edit preferences" window?
Old 05-21-2002, 03:43 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

All of the above.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:28 PM   #6
secamela

Default The Preferences Strikes Back

Hi Bigstar&co we discussed this kind of things some months ago...

I'm hapy to know that I'm not the only one who cant arrive to realize the fine flavour of Flash's Prefs.

May at this point re-present my aproximation to this issue

1º Add 'Make Defaut' button at preferences windows so changes to pref's, skip list, and so on may be inherited by new windows

-I say here that de SaveOnExit=1 line at .ini is not the solution as new windows inherit latest closed window's

2º Let new windows inherit default pref's and let any modification (not make default) not to contaminate any window

I still run for my f**e registration code

either case and by design
Old 05-25-2002, 02:43 PM   #7
Chrysalis
FlashFXP Beta Tester

hmmm if I make changes in 1 flashfxp, it wont apply changes to the others that are currently open. I have to either apply changes again to the other windows or close them and reopen them.
Old 05-25-2002, 06:59 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

That is correct.

Tags
change, flashfxp, open, preferences, window