Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 02-01-2002, 12:30 AM   #16
mikeyboy

Yeah, I know of stunnel, however as far as I know it will only allow you to set one server to connect to per instance. WinSSLWrap allows the client to dictate which server to connect to, like a proxy. Any such programs for *nix systems that do this?
Old 02-01-2002, 04:11 PM   #17
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

so you guys would rather use a proxy than have flashfxp directly support ssl? cos that's the impression i'm getting.

what I need is detailed reference material (not the RFC's I have them), delphi interface to the ssl dlls (I don't mean socket controls w/ ssl support), delphi source code examples.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:34 PM   #18
S3cur1ty

Thumbs up SSL component for Delphi

http://www.nevrona.com/Indy/

try this one , it's also free

it's a windows socket / internet related component for delphi/kylix
Old 02-01-2002, 11:12 PM   #19
Linkster
Administrator

and here is a bit on ssl using indy

http://www.intelicom.si/forum/read.php?f=3&i=308&t=308
Old 02-02-2002, 08:53 AM   #20
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I've already looked at Indy, I can't even get the SSL demo's to work. I tried v8 & 9.
Old 02-03-2002, 08:17 AM   #21
mutant

First of all I must confirm that the use of TLS/SSL is increasing and that it's a pity FlashFXP does not support it (i hate cuteftp...).
You can bypass it using clients like stunnel or WinSSLWrap but that does not work well for me as I seem to have the same problem mikeyboy has : I need to go through a proxy that supports SSL, preferably a linux/unix based proxy that passes through the ftp commands at least forwarding them to a secure server such as glftpd-tls .
For non ssl servers I use psi's ftpbnc which unfortunately doesn't support ssl/tls. Does anyone have an alternative bnc or proxy in mind ? thanks
Old 02-05-2002, 08:41 PM   #22
lynlimz
FlashFXP Registered User

Sorry to add furthur, but SSL support would be amazingly good. I currently use a trial version of SecureFX which is, yes, expiring. And I need a good alternative. Not willing to purchase another when i just did for flashfxp.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:15 PM   #23
amkazak
FlashFXP Registered User

Have you tried OpenSSL? It's what Serv-U 4 seems to be using.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:04 PM   #24
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

everything related to openssl is done in C, I can't make heads or tails of it.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:13 AM   #25
S3cur1ty

what about this DLL

STelSock Ver.0.3.4 Mar 4, 1999
STelSock is a 32bit Windows Sockets DLL that makes TELNET applications possible to communicate with SSL telnetd. STelSock encrypts/decrypts the data for TELNET applications. According to the setting, STelSock also makes FTP applications possible to communicate with SSL ftpd.

Old 02-06-2002, 08:10 AM   #26
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

DLLs are fine, except they can't be compiled into the project. A VCL is preferrable, but to date I've yet to find any for SSL.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:12 PM   #27
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Maybe I wasn't clear enough? what I need is a delphi header/interface to a ssl dll. Everything I've seen, is done in C. I don't understand C. It's greek to me.

Anything else is pretty much of no use to me.
Old 02-10-2002, 05:10 PM   #28
Sig Carson

The first Windows FTP client that supports implicit SSL, FXP, and Clear Data Channel is going to make a killing. Everyone is waiting for this capability... I sure hope FlashFXP is the first (since it's the best FXP client ;-)
Old 02-10-2002, 06:08 PM   #29
Shorty
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sig Carson
The first Windows FTP client that supports implicit SSL, FXP, and Clear Data Channel is going to make a killing. Everyone is waiting for this capability... I sure hope FlashFXP is the first (since it's the best FXP client ;-)
Actually, the new SmartFTP (build 0966.5 released today) supports both implicit and explicit.
Not sure if it's out to the public yet as it's an internal release.

Bad thing about SmartFTP is that it doesn't transfer .sfv files first like FlashFXP, so that makes SmartFTP pretty much useless for me.

I sure hope FlashFXP can support implicit/explicit SSL, so I won't need WinSSLWrapper set up to work with FlashFXP to connect to SSL protected (explicit) glftpd sites.

FlashFXP rules! Hope it'll catch up with the other FTPs that are already supporting SSL (CuteFTP, SmartFTP, and possibly others).
Old 02-10-2002, 08:39 PM   #30
Sig Carson

Yes, SmartFTP does support SSL, however it doesn't support disabling SSL for the data channel. We need a FTP client that supports FXP and the "PROT C" command to disable SSL for the data channel.

Tags
flashfxp, server, ssl, support, tsl