Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 08-20-2002, 11:41 AM   #1
rGb

Default MDI for FlashFXP?

Hi Everyone!

Quite often, I got multiple instances of FlashFxp running because I need to transfer multiple files at the same time. And every time I wonder, why FlashFXP does not have a MDI interface. You could stay with the current layout, but the two colums that we got right now would be in a single MDI-child window. You get what I mean?

So what do you think? Would a MDI interface be useful for FlashFXP?
Old 08-20-2002, 01:26 PM   #2
EsKi

I believe this would require much more time/effort than the benefits justify. It would probably also make FlashFXP slower, and would introduce many bugs.

However, I agree that having 5-10 instances of FlashFXP in the system tray is a bit annoying. So, how about having FlashFXP add a single icon to the system tray which expands into a popup menu, displaying all active FlashFXP sessions? This way you only have one icon, but can easily access any session.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:49 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This will only happen if we rewrite FlashFXP. At the moment it doesn't look like it will ever happen. but who knows what the future may bring.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:49 AM   #4
rGb

Okay, this is understandable.
Thanks for your input!
Old 08-21-2002, 10:49 AM   #5
EsKi

Quote:
This will only happen if we rewrite FlashFXP.
Can you comment on the idea of a single menuable tray icon (mentioned above)? That would not be as difficult to implement as rewriting FlashFXP completely, and would be great for the MANY people that frequently have 5-10 sessions of FlashFXP running ....
Old 08-21-2002, 02:23 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by EsKi

Can you comment on the idea of a single menuable tray icon (mentioned above)? That would not be as difficult to implement as rewriting FlashFXP completely, and would be great for the MANY people that frequently have 5-10 sessions of FlashFXP running ....
For something like this to be possible a second application would be required, one that actually manages the tray icon. Each instance of FlashFXP would report to this application to update it's state. It seems like an interesting idea but I simply don't have the time to write an application like that.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:25 PM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

there's 3rd party software that can do that already.. and it'll work not just with flashfxp but with any/all systray icons.
look at your favorite download site and i'm sure you'll find soft like that

Tags
flashfxp, interface, mdi, multiple, time