Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 11-15-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
Rockj

Lightbulb "remote Flashfxp"

As many people already know , the ICS(Windows Internet Sharing Protocoll) don't support FXP, when you are behind a ICS. I have thinked on this problem and have a great idea. Since FLASHFXP is for FXP'ing, this new "REMOTE FLASHFXP" will be nice stuff. Because isent FLASHFXP for FXP'ing?? Like running the FLASHFXP in the "REMOTE FLASHFXP MODE" on the ICS computer so the other LAN user's can connect it from the LAN. Then FLASHFXP have a new thing, and its FXP. Because if you think on intruders from the internet, like connection the REMOTE FLASHFXP , then there should be a nice TEXTBOX somewhere to enabled a option that only ALLOWED IP'S ARE ALLOWED TO USE THE SERVE. Like 192.168.0.* (192.168.0.* is dedicated for LAN use) so I whould use. I hope this addon can be done since many people behind ICS will use FXP but they can't because of the ICS. Many of my friend liked my idea and here I reported it , hope the FlashFXP Team understand our message...

Rockj
Old 11-15-2001, 04:48 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Why not just setup a proxy server on computer located directly on the net? And have FlashFXP connect to the proxy server. That will resolve all ICS problems.
Old 11-15-2001, 05:14 PM   #3
Rockj

Only problem is that all proxyes and other stuff just make other things troubles. WinPRoxy did it work with but then the whole computer got screwed up. I beg you for this request since I love FLASHFXP , but I can only use ICS and its free to!! But is it so hard to make that avaiable? My admin of the server whould like it too.

Rockj
Old 11-15-2001, 06:02 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well we wouldn't add it to FlashFXP but rather create a new product which is capable of that, provided there is enough demand to make it profitable.
Old 11-15-2001, 06:05 PM   #5
Rockj

Nice - tell me when you have a beta version ready or something Thanks!!
Old 11-20-2001, 07:47 PM   #6
djkast

Hey, what you are looking for is not a remote FXP client, that is just plain retarded, do your research on networking and routing, there are ways around it, if you have access to the firewall and such... This has nothing to do with the FlashFXP product

Old 11-21-2001, 01:21 AM   #7
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Lots of ifs there, djkast. First you expect someone you imply is ever so slightly... shall we say slow, to do research, then you expect him to have access to a firewall. For all the admins out there, I say shame on you! No admin would want slow people to outperform them on their own firewall.

Tags
flashfxp, fxp, ics, lan, remote