Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 06-26-2002, 01:19 PM   #1
Surtes

Lightbulb Higlight when connected

I don't think this has already be suggested (yes, I used the search option and couldn't find something similar). Well, here is my actual suggestion:

Say you want to connect via the quick connect option to a busy site and always get 421 too many users. Now of course you can set the retry delay to something like 40 secounds and let FlashFXP try it again and again ...

BUT you don't get notified if FlashFXP manages to connect successfully to the site, thus when you check back later you may already be timed out and all was worthless as you are already disconnected (anti-timeout scheme as almost any server has it).

So IMO a cool and very usefull feature would be, to add the option "higlight when connected successfully" to the quick connect feature. Now connect as usual with the small difference that FlashFXP will blink heavy in the taskbar as soon as a connection to the server is established. Or you could even set it to a beep-noise, whatever. At least you would get notified if you're in front of the PC

Now wouldn't that be a cool and very usefull feature? What do you think? Shouldn't be too hard to implement it I guess
Old 06-26-2002, 03:25 PM   #2
LoKiDarkGod

There is already an option to notify on connect, you can set it up to play just about any sound. Press F6, goto sounds, and select connect. Now just choose yer wav file and away you go. But this does bring up another suggestion pertaining to the notification. There should be an option to Notify Only When Minimized. so you can minimize it to the systray and it'll play the sound only then. rather then everytime you connect to any site
Old 06-27-2002, 10:38 AM   #3
Surtes

Hey thanx man this is some usefull info
Old 07-06-2002, 12:22 PM   #4
Epsylon3

Default and why not...

Anything ???

Why only a sound ?

ShellExecute('open',Command,....

API Shell32
Old 07-07-2002, 12:29 PM   #5
Delerium
FlashFXP Registered User

Cool

Let the FlashFXP icon in the taskbar blinking orange if a connection is availeable.

Tags
connect, feature, flashfxp, option, set