Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 06-07-2002, 03:32 PM   #1
EnergyMix

Default Find Files

I Have a little problem with FlashFXP

I should find all the files of a certain type in a folder, including subdirs........

don't tell me that there is the function!

the problem is that i set it up as "all" in the third page but it keeps on finding me only directories, ignoring what is in them!

please help me
Old 06-07-2002, 03:45 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not quite clear on the problem it seems to work fine for me.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:57 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

keep in mind that it's usualy better and faster to use site's internal search capability like "SITE find <string> or "SITE search <string>" or whatever ftpd might be using.

anyway, regarding ffxp's search. it seem to work fine for me. however you could be confused with the way it works. it's somewhat differnt from "regular" windows search function.
windows goes thru dirs one branch at a time. flashfxp scan sites one lvl at at ime. 1st it scan all dirs in root, then all dirs in 2nd lvl, then in 3rd lvl.
here's an example. you search for "divx". say you have 2 dirs in / "games" and "movies". ffxp 1st get list of dirs from "games", then get list of dirs from "movies". chances are some subdirs in "movies" will have a string "divx" so those dirs will be displayed in search result window. now you would expect to also see files here, but no. flashfxp now scan subdirs in "games", and eventualy subdirs in "movies" where it will hit some files w/ "divx" in them. so as you can see, i hope, files from subdirs that have "divx" in it's name will not be displayed untill flashfxp start scanning next level.
this is might be why you are not seeing files right away.

i hope this make sense.
Old 06-07-2002, 05:07 PM   #4
EnergyMix

Default try to be more clear

the problem is that i want to see what files have a particular string in thei names, like i do in windows/search -> *.txt or whatever

is it possible?

i just get dirnames in results!

i tried rainden search function, too, and i displays only dirnames, too..... so maybe flash could be more helpful
Old 06-07-2002, 05:33 PM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

ofcuase it's possibe just use *.txt as search string..

Tags
directories, files, find, page, problem