Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 05-05-2002, 08:53 AM   #1
RocketNJ

Question CRC error on a downloaded file

Hi All,

Did a search and read through the last few months of messages and did not see a solution to this problem.

Using regged build 1.4.3 (835). I am FXP'ing from a remote site to ServU FTP running on my local machine.

When downloading a Winrar archive of 20 x 15 MB files I will sometimes get one file that fails CRC check. Attempts to download the file again from the original source or alternate source still result in a CRC error.

If someone else downloads the bad file, zips it and sends it to me then I am able to unzip it and extract the Winrar archive.

Any ideas? This happens very rarely but drives me nuts when it does.

Thanks,
Old 05-05-2002, 01:28 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

would it be possible for you to PM me a copy of the status log so that I may review it, Just from what you told me I am unable to determine the problem. Most likely we can determine the cause from the status log.
Old 05-05-2002, 09:50 PM   #3
RocketNJ

I do not have a log file. I have turned on logging and will download the file that keeps coming up with a crc error. Let me elaborate on what is happening.

1) Download twenty 15 meg files (extension is rar thru r19). Extracted they form a 300 meg bin with cue sheet. Every now and then I get a notification that one of the files fails crc check when using Winrar to unrar the files. I compare that file to the sfv file that is created when the rar files were made using PDSFV and it too shows crc failure.

No matter how many times I download the file that fails crc it still fails and shows the same crc error. If someone else downloads that file, zips it, then sends it to me I can unzip it, copy into folder with other 19 files and unrar fine.

I'll try downloading the file again in the morning with logging on and send the log file.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-06-2002, 10:53 AM   #4
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

Does the other person download the same file from the same server?

Or do they download the same file from a different server?

Tags
archive, crc, file, source, winrar